Foamcore sandwich questions

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
GitarooDude
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Got into the print hobby last year, and figured to get the paper out of those tubes.

I was going to purchase two pieces of foamcore today to start storing my prints, but I was looking to clarify a few things before I start and to avoid ruining everything forever.

Should I let the prints sit out for a day or two before pressing them? Or is that only needed if they've been rolled up for a while? I guess as an example, I've had Danger's Crimson Peak in a tube for four months. Should I just begin weighing that one down immediately in the sandwich? I figure for ones I just received, those can probably sit out for a day and unfurl so to speak.

Also, should I flatten one at a time or can you press, say, two or three down?
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:02 pm

I'd flatten them before putting them in the sandwich - that's more for storing them. Yes, you can flatten a few together, just make sure that you cover each with a piece of acid free tissue paper or glassine. Also, be conscious of what you're using to flatten them with, as some things could leave a mark!
trarex
Art Expert

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:14 am

When you take it out of the tube let it sit a few days then unroll it and let sit a few days before putting any weight on it.
Give the fibers some time to "relax" on their own.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
GitarooDude
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:35 am

Thanks for the advice.

I don't really have the table space available to lay the prints on, so I'm just going to put them on one of piece of foamcore and flatten them on it, unless that'll be a problem.

As far as the glassine goes, is this acceptable?

http://www.amazon.com/Glassine-Rolls-25 ... s=glassine

Seemed like a decent price.