Anyone care to help out a brotha in need? (just info needed)

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
Ozzysworld
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:26 pm

(Just info needed)

Hi everyone,
I just moved to Austin, TX: home of the mighty Mondo!
Trouble is, I have all my prints rolled up in tubes, and to make a long story short I need a lot more tubes to store my stuff until I get another flat file.

The help I need is actually quite simple: Anyone know where I can get some Yazoo (style) tubes here in Austin??? And, glassine paper?

Any info is greatly appreciated!
-Rick
Jamilton
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:37 pm

You can get the glassine at Jerry's Artarama at 290 and I-35.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:39 pm

I wouldnt recommend using tubes. Go to Jerry's Artarama and get a few pieces of foamboard and some glassine. Then go next door to the Office Depot/Max (whatever it is) and get binder clips

Store all the prints (separated by glassine) between the foamcore and use the binder clips to keep it closed. You can slide it under your bed for storage
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:42 pm

jmagee87 wrote:I wouldnt recommend using tubes. Go to Jerry's Artarama and get a few pieces of foamboard and some glassine. Then go next door to the Office Depot/Max (whatever it is) and get binder clips

Store all the prints (separated by glassine) between the foamcore and use the binder clips to keep it closed. You can slide it under your bed for storage
...unless you have kids. Anything you put under your bed will be the best thing ever, to a kid. My foam sammich currently resides on our dining room table, but I'm on the hunt for a flat file.
Ozzysworld
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the info!
As for the foamcore and binder clips--that's how I stored them in LA, before I got a flat file. However: two reasons I shouldn't/can't do that now: 1) I have two roommates that are the most filthy, messy, clumsy, and disrespectfully disgusting people on the planet! Not only will they find some way to fall on top of the foam core and bend it (the posters) in half, but they will somehow figure out how to squeeze toothpaste in between them. Seen hoarders? They're worse!
2) I spent every dime I have coming out here, and in my experience it will be much cheaper to get two tubes vs two sheets of foamcore and binder clips. Also, I need to sell a few prints to get some cash together, and I need a tube or two to ship those.

Thanks!!!
Maybe see you guys at the Marvel show on Friday?
--Rick
Ozzysworld
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Oh, wait: glassine info I got.....but how about the tubes? Anyone know?
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 am

Post something in the ISO section. There has to be several people like me that have a bunch of tubes laying around that would give you some.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Ozzysworld
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:23 pm

KSUvet wrote:Post something in the ISO section. There has to be several people like me that have a bunch of tubes laying around that would give you some.
Cool! Good idea; thanks!