Buying tubes/packing paper in store?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi all!

Not 100% sure if this is the correct subforum to put this question, so apologies if this is a better fit elsewhere.

I'm low on good tubes at the moment, as well as craft rolling paper. As I only need a few of each, and since online stores tend to sell in bulk (as Yazoo does if you go to their site), does anyone know of stores that tend to sell these products? I'm especially keen to kind a place that sells good tubes (for storage or shipping purposes). Most art or shipping stores that sell tubes only seem to have ones that are too narrow and/or have walls that are much too thin and flimsy.
readicculus86
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:34 pm

RelaxingDragon wrote:Hi all!

Not 100% sure if this is the correct subforum to put this question, so apologies if this is a better fit elsewhere.

I'm low on good tubes at the moment, as well as craft rolling paper. As I only need a few of each, and since online stores tend to sell in bulk (as Yazoo does if you go to their site), does anyone know of stores that tend to sell these products? I'm especially keen to kind a place that sells good tubes (for storage or shipping purposes). Most art or shipping stores that sell tubes only seem to have ones that are too narrow and/or have walls that are much too thin and flimsy.
Not sure where to buy tubes in bulk other than Yazoo, but I can make a suggestion that will save all your posters: DO NOT STORE THEM IN A TUBE. They will never flatten this way, inks will crack when (if) you try to flatten them and this will cause waviness. If you store your posters in tubes, you may as well :hanging:
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:36 pm

readicculus86 wrote:
RelaxingDragon wrote:Hi all!

Not sure where to buy tubes in bulk other than Yazoo, but I can make a suggestion that will save all your posters: DO NOT STORE THEM IN A TUBE. They will never flatten this way, inks will crack when (if) you try to flatten them and this will cause waviness. If you store your posters in tubes, you may as well :hanging:
No worries, I mistyped a bit up there. I store everything in a flatfile. Shipping prints is the prime reason I need tubes, hence the need for thick, sturdy tubes.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 pm

What did you do with your old tubes? Depending on what you ship the most of, just bite the bullet and buy a box, or do a split with a local person. I know HD and probably Lowes sells kraft paper. I buy mine from Uline as I have the cutter as well. A roll last me a year.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:42 pm

Happy to send you tubes and Kraft paper for shipping cost, assuming I can find a box to fit the length tubes you need.

PM me if interested.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
abdc123
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:46 pm

call all the framing stores, will likely find something good 8) michaels or office supply store for craft