Old One Sheets Appraisal MPLS/St. Paul?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
jdhq1185
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:02 am

I helped clean out my parents' house this last weekend after 24 years of junk piling up. At the beginning of the weekend my dad said, "Keep an eye out for a box of posters." We found the box at the bottom of a pile in a closet in the basement.

He has a bunch of one sheets from the 70's and early 80's and one 3 sheet of The Godfather, all of which I want to get appraised. Many of them sustained some water damage over the years and I'd like to look into possible repairs as well (since these will inevitably pass to me someday.)

Anyone know of somewhere I can take them in Minneapolis/St. Paul? Or around Sioux Falls, SD, since that's where my parents are?

Thanks. :pint:
bert
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:42 am

No local advice here I'm afraid, but a good starting point might be to sift through and pick out the valuable posters (use the auction history at www.emovieposter.com as a rough guide). For example, here are some results for Godfather 3-sheets (not sure if the styles here match the style you have, but to give you an idea): http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/se ... chive.html

If you're looking to get them restored/backed in order to sell them, it may not make financial sense if a mint copy of the poster goes for <$100 or it is a common poster. If the posters have sentimental value and you just want to preserve them then that is a different matter. Good luck!