How do people store their art IN the flat file?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:10 am

63schoeffling wrote:I use the bags but don't peel off the sticky part to seal them. Do people do this or no? It creates a bump when you stack them so when you have like 8 on top of each other it becomes a problem.
I don't peel them either.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:01 am

dasponyboy wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:I use the bags but don't peel off the sticky part to seal them. Do people do this or no? It creates a bump when you stack them so when you have like 8 on top of each other it becomes a problem.
I don't peel them either.
Good fudge.... glad I'm not the only one.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Oh hell no on the peeling aspect. I use the bags also, eleven of those in my file then glassine on top of everything else in there, a sheet to separate them too. I need to get some of those nice leather weights with the metal shot in them for securing the prints down. Any recommendations on those?
Baker
Art Expert

Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:54 pm

I seal them and have never had an issue. For me those bags are one time use, if the print comes out its cause I sold it and I just slit the top of the bag open no problem and toss it. I always seal them with a little space on the top so theres no issue getting the print out.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Noah0189
Art Expert

Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:32 pm

I put acid free kraft on the bottom of the file, then the prints on top of that. a sheet of glassine between each print. no poly bags.
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Kraft, archival tissue, Mylar... Depends on the poster....
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:41 am

Just got my flat file but haven't fixed it up yet. By difference between glassine and the acid free tissue sold at frame destination? I need to survey what I have and start getting appropriate quantities of Mylar as well. Does acid free mat board like they sell at michaels suffice for backers?
ImageImage