ISO 24x36 Acid Free Portfolios

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
hainshead
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Kurrgo wrote: Thanks for the response. For some reason, every coupon code I try to enter says they only apply to regularly priced items vs on sale items. The portfolio is on sale.
I remember the day I bought my first print that exceeded 18x24. It was a game changer with how I had to deal with storage from that point on. The large portfolios are expensive but if you need a way to rationalize it, the portfolio will still cost you less than a hot print on the secondary market.
Kurrgo

Fri May 22, 2015 1:42 pm

hainshead wrote:
Kurrgo wrote: Thanks for the response. For some reason, every coupon code I try to enter says they only apply to regularly priced items vs on sale items. The portfolio is on sale.
I remember the day I bought my first print that exceeded 18x24. It was a game changer with how I had to deal with storage from that point on. The large portfolios are expensive but if you need a way to rationalize it, the portfolio will still cost you less than a hot print on the secondary market.
I'm fairly new to collecting but I have a print with an average of $180 and one with an average of $230 that hasn't sold in a couple of years. It may be worth more than that at some point. I also attend at least one Comic Con a year where I could potentially purchase more.
time
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:05 pm

time wrote:
swabie2424 wrote:Hey time, long time buddy! I couldnt agree with you more. I have two Picturesque portfolios (one 24x36 and one 18x24) that I bought years ago. Refuse to buy any more until the manufacturer fixes the sizing issue on the sleeves. It just boggles my mind that they can't get it resolved so the pages properly can fit standard sizes without prints dangling out a bit or being super tight in the page. I'm just waaaay too OCD for that!
Hi Swabie! Haven't seen you at the shows lately. Come on out to some soon! I've posted about this a few times before here but I've had discussions (via email and phone) with the service person at Jerry's and the other distributor. If everyone who has an issue with these (or who has been hesitant to buy them because of this issue) would just let them know it would definitely nudge them to get it resolved sooner. Last time I spoke to her she said the manufacturer had told them it was fixing the sizing but they had to wait until they ordered more (which could be 6 months or longer) to see if that actually happened.

At Jerry's the person is Amy, their Technical Rep. at techrep@jerrysartarama.com (p) 1.800.827.8478 x214.
At ASW the person I spoke with earlier was Karen at cs@aswexpress.com
I sent an email to Jerry's asking for an update and a new person there (Mary) wrote back that they have been unable to do anything about fixing sizing (even though they had told me previously that it was being fixed) and that the manufacturer supposedly is now not communicating with them. I would think it could help all of us if people here would take a couple minutes to write and/or call both Jerry's and ASW (writing at least creates a paper trail) complaining about the sizing of their sleeves and asking them to require their manufacturer to fix it. Obviously, just one person (me) telling them this is an issue is not going to get anything accomplished. However, if all of the people on EB who have or want a functional 24x36 portfolio that won't potentially harm the edges of our prints would take just the few minutes to do this, we might actually get some action.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:35 pm

I have one of those crappy 24x36 portfolios. It sucked so bad that i only use it for stuff between 18x 24 and 24x36. I put the 24x36 in bags in the flat file.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:24 am

What was the email contact you used to bring up this issue? I will send an email as well
time
Art Expert

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Nemesis01 wrote:What was the email contact you used to bring up this issue? I will send an email as well
At Jerry's the person now responding (they have had different people over the nearly 3 years I've been talking with them) is "Mary," their Technical Rep. at techrep@jerrysartarama.com (p) 1.800.827.8478 x214.
At ASW the person I spoke with earlier was Karen but she may be gone now also. Their email is cs@aswexpress.com

You should copy both on emails since together they seem to be the main US distributors.

Thanks.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:52 pm

I bought some acid free 24x36 portfolio bags, a ten pack, but can't find them online now. Could anyone link me up to some? I think they were around $20 when I got them. Thanks :pint:
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:30 pm

fantasticninja wrote:I bought some acid free 24x36 portfolio bags, a ten pack, but can't find them online now. Could anyone link me up to some? I think they were around $20 when I got them. Thanks :pint:
https://www.bagsunlimited.com/c-85-poly ... ?pagenum=3

Sports Poster Sleeve
24-1/4 x 38 4 mil POLYETHYLENE
https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-3194-sp ... leeve.aspx
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:19 am

electrachrome wrote:
fantasticninja wrote:I bought some acid free 24x36 portfolio bags, a ten pack, but can't find them online now. Could anyone link me up to some? I think they were around $20 when I got them. Thanks :pint:
https://www.bagsunlimited.com/c-85-poly ... ?pagenum=3

Sports Poster Sleeve
24-1/4 x 38 4 mil POLYETHYLENE
https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-3194-sp ... leeve.aspx
Neither of those :/ but thank you for the links. I just need 10 of them again. No idea where I bought them from, it's puzzling me because I googled it and clicked almost all the links.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:48 pm

fantasticninja wrote: Neither of those :/ but thank you for the links. I just need 10 of them again. No idea where I bought them from, it's puzzling me because I googled it and clicked almost all the links.
http://www.framedestination.com/bags/pr ... em/BGPRBA/
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:51 pm

Those work! Thank you :clap:
czarkuzniklaus
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:36 am

This thread is a God send. I jumped into the world of art print collecting with reckless abandonment in January and scratched out a collectors living on eBay until stumbling by happenstance into this fantastic forum of poster print paradise. Anyways, I'm still suuuuuch a noob in this game and now that I've got a collection I've got to figure a way to store them for the long haul.

Any advise as which might be better between a portfolio, museum case or flat file? I'm tempted to go with a portfolio but my intention is to get prints larger than 24x36, and it looks like people are having issues even with that size. I'm sure I could find a flat file online if needed.

THANK YOU
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:27 pm

czarkuzniklaus wrote:This thread is a God send. I jumped into the world of art print collecting with reckless abandonment in January and scratched out a collectors living on eBay until stumbling by happenstance into this fantastic forum of poster print paradise. Anyways, I'm still suuuuuch a noob in this game and now that I've got a collection I've got to figure a way to store them for the long haul.

Any advise as which might be better between a portfolio, museum case or flat file? I'm tempted to go with a portfolio but my intention is to get prints larger than 24x36, and it looks like people are having issues even with that size. I'm sure I could find a flat file online if needed.

THANK YOU
Get a flat file if you have the room. Don't bother buying a 24x36 portfolio for 24x36 prints, they suck.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
CreachDude
New User

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:20 pm

There is a display/storage sleeve called "ImagEnvelope Storage" made by Itoya that accommodates 24x36. It's not a portfolio but just a single sleeve with the black removable mounting board. i think it has a flap on the top also. it uses the high end Polyglass. As far as i can tell they just come in single pieces (not packs). Most of my posters would fit in the 18x24 sleeve but i do have one Emek poster that is bigger.

here is where i found one available. looks pricey for about $19.25

http://www.carpediemstore.com/viewItem. ... oduct=4112
BrandonJ
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:28 pm

If someone doesn't mind helping a fellow EB'er, I'm looking to get something along the lines of what CreachDude posted. As a Canadian buyer I can't find anything that is in my budget range, you know the Canadian dollar and all that. As far as Canadian websites I've come across nothing. Just looking to get 24x36 archival sleeves that will not damage the print nor will it be difficult to put the print into without fear of damage.