Archival Photo Corners Questions

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
nebu1ou5

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:55 pm

I am considering following the directions provided by the EB Storing Your Print Wiki (http://expressobeans.com/wiki/index.php ... Your_Print) and was wondering if anyone has any experiences with using archival photo corners in order to hold prints in place within a sleeve?

Some specific questions would be...
-I was planning on stacking a bunch of mylar sleeve/photo corner/print/backing board sandwiches on top of one another in a flat file. If the pile started to get heavy, would there be any chance of the photo corners leaving indentations in my posters/prints?

-Does anyone recommend any specific brands/styles?

-What size corners should I use for different paper sizes? I will be storing everything from US letter to UK quad sized pieces.

-Is there any risk to using corners long-term? I know that the adhesives don't touch the art but they do touch the board that is touching the art and are housed inside a mylar enclosure. Would the chemical makeup of the adhesives eventually cause any sort of an issue?