Bubble Wrap in Bulk

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
inkedup
Art Expert

Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:07 am

Assuming everything goes smoothly with selling my house I'll be moving to Colorado next month and I'll be bringing around 30+ framed pieces with me so I need a lot of bubble wrap. Does anybody have any recommendations on where to buy bubble wrap in bulk for reasonable prices? Obviously places like FedEX and UPS are ridiculously overpriced.
1nkling
Site Admin

Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:38 am

inkedup wrote:Assuming everything goes smoothly with selling my house I'll be moving to Colorado next month and I'll be bringing around 30+ framed pieces with me so I need a lot of bubble wrap. Does anybody have any recommendations on where to buy bubble wrap in bulk for reasonable prices? Obviously places like FedEX and UPS are ridiculously overpriced.
I don't know about the US but over here I'd look on ebay. It's where I get most of my packaging for the business as its invariably cheaper.
My up to date trades and ISOs.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:27 am

Home Depot has some big rolls of bubble wrap in the moving supply section. I don't think they're super cheap, but probably cheaper than at FedEx.
T.H.C.
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Staples occasionally has some really good sales that I've also used coupons with. uline.com has good prices as well.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Pick up some moving blankets. It'll prolly be quicker, cheaper, and more effective. Or just use a buncha towels.

If ya wanna go the bubble wrap route, uline is prolly your best bet in bulk.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
shagdonk
Art Expert

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Codeblue wrote:Pick up some moving blankets. It'll prolly be quicket, cheaper, and more effective.
^^^This is your best option. Or you can buy bulk bubble wrap at Uline.com
tanman
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Uline.com .... Shipping charges can be high if you don't live near one of their warehouses
ISO:
Geddes: Heat Death ....... Parla: 184, WTL, St Giles