How to ship a lot of prints a far distance

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
collinesque
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Hey, ya'll. I'm moving from New York and Los Angeles, and until this time have stored my prints in a large, cardboard flat file. Each of them is in an acid-free bag with an acid-free stock backing. Probably have about 30 prints this way.

Can I ship them all like this? I'd put some extra material in the box to make it a tighter fit, some bubblewrap on top and bottom. And I'd also probably put the flat file in a larger, sturdier box around it (FedEx freight will cut up boxes to tape around the flat file).

Or, do I need to bite the bullet, buy a bunch of 3" tubes and role them all up?

What has anyone done before when moving across the country?
You ain't a beauty but hey you're all right.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:16 pm

For me it would depend on the value of the prints. If they were not high value I would make a big foam core / cardboard sandwich with 1/4" plywood on the outside. If it was a high value lot I would have the crated like this:

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:56 pm