Bent flat file frame. Fixable?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
withfilm
New User

Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Hey EB forum. New here... just discovered this awesome forum. I'm a photographer looking to get back into producing large prints again and my search for flat files lead me here. Great resource.

So, I have a medium 35x47 flat file that has a bent bottom support bar. As you can see in the photos, this affects all of the drawers. For now it's not the end of the world but, something I would like to address in the future.

I've considered screwing the bottom bar to my birch plywood base but the plywood is flexing. Not sure if that will work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I could just remove al together?

BTW, I'm working on a birch plywood top right now that will serve as a top and hold prints. More images soon!

Thanks everyone!
-John
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
lobotomizer
Art Expert

Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:18 pm

Heat it with tiger torch :lol:

And/or have an piece of angle iron tacked across the bottom.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:26 pm

Should be able too. Take the bottom drawer out and hit it with a hammer.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
withfilm
New User

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:10 pm

srdzevon wrote:Should be able too. Take the bottom drawer out and hit it with a hammer.
Yeah, I tried to hammer it out when I got it but not much progress. Might give it another shot.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:34 pm

srdzevon wrote:Should be able too. Take the bottom drawer out and hit it with a hammer.
Mine was like this when I got it and did exactly this. Was great fun.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.