Removing tape from a print

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
sidaldo
Art Expert

Sun May 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Does anyone hear have a solution to removing regular tape from a print without causing any damage?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun May 18, 2014 4:39 pm

sidaldo wrote:Does anyone hear have a solution to removing regular tape from a print without causing any damage?
Poster mountain http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =3&t=89727
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Sun May 18, 2014 6:39 pm

When you do manage to get the tape off there will probably still be some adhesive left on the paper unless it completely rips. There are safe acid free solutions that you can dab on a towel and gently remove whats left that wont discolor your paper.
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
p1pp1n
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 18, 2014 8:11 pm

I've used a blow dryer to heat up the tape while pulling very slowly.
allbloody
Art Expert

Sun May 18, 2014 8:13 pm

p1pp1n wrote:I've used a blow dryer to heat up the tape while pulling very slowly.

:) safest
sidaldo
Art Expert

Mon May 19, 2014 3:58 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
sidaldo wrote:Does anyone hear have a solution to removing regular tape from a print without causing any damage?
How much do these guys charge?
Sithlord32 wrote:When you do manage to get the tape off there will probably still be some adhesive left on the paper unless it completely rips. There are safe acid free solutions that you can dab on a towel and gently remove whats left that wont discolor your paper.
Have you tried this? What solution? Sounds risky.
p1pp1n wrote:I've used a blow dryer to heat up the tape while pulling very slowly.
Probably will give this an attempt.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Mon May 19, 2014 6:07 am

Sithlord32 wrote:When you do manage to get the tape off there will probably still be some adhesive left on the paper unless it completely rips. There are safe acid free solutions that you can dab on a towel and gently remove whats left that wont discolor your paper.
Have you tried this? What solution? Sounds risky.
Yes I did it myself with a solution that is sold to frame shops. You cannot buy this on the market to my knowledge unless you are a professional framer but he had suggested and had on hand go gone extreme. Its has the same elements. Im sure there are others that are available to the public.
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Mon May 19, 2014 6:58 am

Step-by-step DIY tape removal instructions courtesy of Poster Mountain. I haven't tried this yet myself so I can't comment on its effectiveness or safety.

http://postermountain.blogspot.com/2012 ... -tips.html
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon May 19, 2014 10:35 am

I would send it to PM since it would save me the rage that would follow me damaging the print. I doubt it would cost a lot.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
jettad
Art Expert

Mon May 19, 2014 11:21 am

sidaldo wrote:
Take a picture of the damaged/taped area and send it to them, they got back to me quickly with a quote. I think that they only ship back flat, so shipping would run a little higher than normal.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon May 19, 2014 4:21 pm

jettad wrote:
sidaldo wrote:
Take a picture of the damaged/taped area and send it to them, they got back to me quickly with a quote. I think that they only ship back flat, so shipping would run a little higher than normal.
They may send back rolled if they are not flattening it. I believe they require flat shipping on flattened items because the bends/rolls can come back if rolled again.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump