24x36 Polybags - Amazon?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
ffactoryxx
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:28 am

Im going to order some from Framedestination.

I have a lot of 12x36 prints. Do you use the 24x36 for those types?

I have a 18x24 itoya for smaller prints.

Do you guys use the Foamcore sandwich or box such as https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-7416-mu ... yfont.aspx
summoner
Art Freak

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 am

Yes. you can easily put two in a single bag and put them in a flat file, you just have to make sure that the print is fairly flat when getting both in there. Ive put both 1 and 2 12x36 prints in these bags and have never had issues with them. Hell, I only buy 18x24 and 24x36 bags and use them for all size prints, as long as they will fit in the bag it is better than them just being unprotected. I only think there are a few prints in my flat files (out of at least 100+) that are not in bags in fact.

EDIT: The thing I like about using the bags, is if you tap an edge, or corner, the bag takes the hit and not the print. Also, if you actually seal the flap, and get all the air out, it will not only help flatten the print, but there is a vacuum created inside the bag that keeps it tight to the print so it does not slide in the bag at all from what I have seen. This is even the case for prints that are smaller than the bag. The prints dont slide around in the negative space. That doesnt mean you can throw them around when they are in the bags, but you get the point.
Image Image Image
Poeschel55

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:44 am

how many do you need? i have a ton. would be easy to roll up and ship to you as well.
ffactoryxx
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:45 am

Poeschel55 wrote:how many do you need? i have a ton. would be easy to roll up and ship to you as well.
Got them yesterday. USPS gained one of the end caps somehow too. Gotta love how careful they are :) Thanks again!

I am going to start storing prints in these bags then stack them in between Foam Core.

Do I run the risk of the ink sticking to the bag under the compression of the foam core and or multiple prints stacked in bags? Similar to the reason I get spacers in my frames between the glass and the print?
Last edited by ffactoryxx on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
summoner
Art Freak

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:46 am

ffactoryxx wrote:
Poeschel55 wrote:how many do you need? i have a ton. would be easy to roll up and ship to you as well.
Got them yesterday. USPS gained one of the end caps somehow too. Gotta love how careful they are :)

I am going to start storing prints in these bags then stack them in between Foam Core.

Do I run the risk of the ink sticking to the back similar to the reason I get spacers in my frames between the glass and the print?
I have never had, nor heard, of this problem.
Image Image Image
Poeschel55

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:10 pm

ffactoryxx wrote:
Got them yesterday. USPS gained one of the end caps somehow too. Gotta love how careful they are :) Thanks again!

Do I run the risk of the ink sticking to the bag under the compression of the foam core and or multiple prints stacked in bags? Similar to the reason I get spacers in my frames between the glass and the print?
glad they still made it...i taped the fudge out of the end caps (at least i think i did)

i have never had the problem of sticking ink in the bags. i had that happen once when i first started collecting, had a print with metallic ink and had too much wait on it, some stuck to my plexi sheet.

but i dont think you will have any problems with them in the bags
ffactoryxx
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Im going to grab some foam core today from Michaels to make a sandwich for my oversized 24x36 and 12x36 prints that dont fit in my portfolio.

Should I grab 30x40 or 40x60?

Didnt know if the 30x40 left enough room for 24x36 prints after using clamps. 40x 60 seems huge though
summoner
Art Freak

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:14 pm

ffactoryxx wrote:Im going to grab some foam core today from Michaels to make a sandwich for my oversized 24x36 and 12x36 prints that dont fit in my portfolio.

Should I grab 30x40 or 40x60?

Didnt know if the 30x40 left enough room for 24x36 prints after using clamps. 40x 60 seems huge though
Personally I would think 30x40 would be fine. 40x60 would be a bitch to store someplace, unless it was under a bed.
Image Image Image
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:19 pm

ffactoryxx wrote:Im going to order some from Framedestination.

I have a lot of 12x36 prints. Do you use the 24x36 for those types?

I have a 18x24 itoya for smaller prints.

Do you guys use the Foamcore sandwich or box such as https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-7416-mu ... yfont.aspx
I'm way late on this, but Frame Destination also carries a 13" x 38" bag that is great for 12" x 36" prints. It only costs $28 for 100 bags, so they are cheap. Putting two prints in one bag, I always worry about them sliding into each other, so this is a nice alternative.
T.H.C.