Shipping a Poster with Framed Glass

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
stobani

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:53 am

Hello
I am new here. I have a bunch of posters that are framed/matted/glass that I am looking to unload.
I searched the FAQ and other areas and couldn't find what I am looking for.

I am curious how this process works. Last time I shipped a poster in framed/glass it arrived shattered damaging the print.

Also, do framed/matted posters sell for more, I assume the answer is yes.

If anyone is interested, I have lots of String Cheese, Yonder Mountain, Phish posters that are all framed/matted for sale.

The gem of the series is an Everett YMSB New Years 2000 # 25 of 50 signed double matted poster. Beautiful.
I also have an Everett MidWinters Dream II Print Signed (# 25/30) double matted Jellyfish. Again, absolutely gorgeous.

If anyone is interested, please get in touch.

Thanks
ST
aldo
Art Expert

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:11 am

No, framed posters generally do not sell for more. A buyer cannot really verify how something is framed (conservation etc), and framing tastes vary wildly. Plus the shipping cost, and also the risk of damage as you mention. You'd be better off removing the poster from the frame and making absolutely sure it is mint on both sides (no tape or things like that).

Also you should post in the FS/FT forum.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:14 am

Codeblue wrote:Don't forget no sales for 30 days.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:40 am

Codeblue wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Don't forget no sales for 30 days.

drymount rules. Do your thing and of course GLWYS. :pint:

All joking aside. You can't pimp your fudge immediately after joining the site.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.