Shipping international?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
aldo
Art Expert

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:42 pm

1nkling wrote:
Celsius wrote:Just found out. You can't insure using shipcover if you use first class international. So unless an item is cheap or they pay via gift, I wouldn't send via first classs
You can with insurepost.com though..
How does insurepost work with First Class International to countries with no tracking? Couldn't you just say the package is lost every time? The tracking won't show anything..

Edit: looks like they don't cover all countries either http://www.insurepost.com/questions.asp?#GEN6
maden
Art Expert

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:47 pm

USPS Express International.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Ugh, they only cover up to $1000. OK, who's next?
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 am

I'm about to send something to the UK worth $1500. Sold through Ebay, so I'll use Shipcover. But you can't get signature confirmation through ebay. Wonder if I can pay for everything using Ebay's shipping service but then bring to the post office to buy signature confirmation separately.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:54 pm

PLUSH wrote:Ugh, they only cover up to $1000. OK, who's next?
Express GXG? Normally up to $2499.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:01 am

jjbehren wrote:I'm about to send something to the UK worth $1500. Sold through Ebay, so I'll use Shipcover. But you can't get signature confirmation through ebay. Wonder if I can pay for everything using Ebay's shipping service but then bring to the post office to buy signature confirmation separately.
I dont believe you can. You would need to send it via USPS Express GXG, but thats not an option via eBay.

You may see about adding the FedEx options to your eBay shipping options. I have yet to use them, not sure if ShipCover also works with FedEx.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jjbehren
Flipper

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:50 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
jjbehren wrote:I'm about to send something to the UK worth $1500. Sold through Ebay, so I'll use Shipcover. But you can't get signature confirmation through ebay. Wonder if I can pay for everything using Ebay's shipping service but then bring to the post office to buy signature confirmation separately.
I dont believe you can. You would need to send it via USPS Express GXG, but thats not an option via eBay.

You may see about adding the FedEx options to your eBay shipping options. I have yet to use them, not sure if ShipCover also works with FedEx.
I ended up shipping Priority with Shipcover for the first $1000 and Insurepost for the remaining $500 plus shipping costs.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:50 pm

I currently have something on it's way to me via FedEx Global Express Guaranteed.
It is guaranteed to arrive by this Friday the 29th. I just checked the tracking and it has turned to an "ALERT", with this message:
Your item has experienced delays in the clearance process at our shipping partner facility in ALEXANDRIA , AUSTRALIA on November 27, 2013 at 10:45 pm.
What does this mean? why has it been delayed, and for how long? Would it still be guaranteed by Friday?
DonPiano
Art Expert

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:02 am

Did it end up getting to you wotta?
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:27 pm

I just had an ebay buyer ask if I'd consider shipping to Kazakhstan.

Hmmm... Let me think. No.
appletree
Art Expert

Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks for this thread. Learned a lot of information.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
churdiales
Art Expert

Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:47 pm

I always do Express Shipping International; it is more expensive, but it is tracked and you can insure for full amount. Most of the items worth selling international are higher $, so I don't like to take chances. Haven't had any issues (knock on wood) with delivery and/or in case of damage.

If the buyer wants to pay by gift (why would they? -that is just an open door to get scammed) then that is another story. still, if the sale is through ebay, I doubt receiving money as "gift" (seller) will matter if buyer files a claim.
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:06 pm

churdiales wrote:I always do Express Shipping International; it is more expensive, but it is tracked and you can insure for full amount. Most of the items worth selling international are higher $, so I don't like to take chances. Haven't had any issues (knock on wood) with delivery and/or in case of damage.

If the buyer wants to pay by gift (why would they? -that is just an open door to get scammed) then that is another story. still, if the sale is through ebay, I doubt receiving money as "gift" (seller) will matter if buyer files a claim.
If the sale is thru eBay, paying "as a gift" isn't an option when they try to make the payment in paypal. About 99.9% certain of that one. In order to make the payment, they'd have to unlink it from the eBay item first...
Tra la la la la...
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Yamar wrote:
churdiales wrote:I always do Express Shipping International; it is more expensive, but it is tracked and you can insure for full amount. Most of the items worth selling international are higher $, so I don't like to take chances. Haven't had any issues (knock on wood) with delivery and/or in case of damage.

If the sale is thru eBay, paying "as a gift" isn't an option when they try to make the payment in paypal. About 99.9% certain of that one. In order to make the payment, they'd have to unlink it from the eBay item first...
Also if the sale is through Ebay, use Shipcover insurance if possible for international orders. USPS international insurance is a raging pain in the ass. Shipcover doesn't cover the shipping cost, but what you give up in the amount you can claim you make up for in not having to deal with USPS international insurance claims.
hunkster
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 am

jjbehren wrote:I just had an ebay buyer ask if I'd consider shipping to Kazakhstan.

Hmmm... Let me think. No.
You don't like their money?