framing question

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Wed May 01, 2013 5:57 pm

ok.so,i just did my first custom framed print which was the taylor halloween reg.
and it looks great and all but after a few days i noticed an odd smell and didn't really
pay attention to it until i started getting headaches and had someone else smell it and
sure enough it has a musky moldy smell to it.so,i called the framers and they said some of
their frames were stored in a musky part of a storage facility,and said it will go away after time
but im worried that its the frame that may contain the mold and anyway im very sensitive to.
obviously i should have them redo it being i spent a pretty penny on it.but if there was really
something wrong with it,that they would offer to replace the frame with a non moldy one..
i don't know im just a little pissed that i paid alot and waited a while and now this..
figured i'd see if anyone has had an issue like this or any ideas would be helpful im not a
confrontational person by any means.but i figure something has to be done
shoeless
Art Expert

Wed May 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Be a confrontational person and get them to replace it.
golobulus
Art Expert

Wed May 01, 2013 6:07 pm

lordhelmet wrote:stored in a musky part of a storage facility
Do they use a cave for the storage facility? I'd wipe the frame down with diluted bleach on a rag and if it still smells I'd definitely take it back. That's a new one.
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 pm

yeah its weird cause i have the stout star wars getting done there too.[this was before i received the taylor back]
and the first one came back with no smell at all. so it makes me even more worried that it's the actual frame and not
the warehouse.i guess i'll go back to them and have them replace it..just sucks i guess