I received a damaged print today

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:42 pm

I was wondering if you guys could help me out and let me know if the damage can be fixed and how to go about fixing it.

I know it is nothing major but it is still an eye sore.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:45 pm

That's the Mei Totoro isn't it? Mine arrived damaged too, it looked like it was packaged by a first grader.
bmerel
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 pm

contact whomever you purchased it from. send them pictures of the damage and ask what can be done. most places/artists etc will be happy to replace it for you or offer you some sort of reimbursement. good luck and remember, be cordial!...nothing worse than a mean human.

:pint:

edit: i thought you were nooby to the site...thought it said 8 posts. sorry if you took what i said as an insult.
Last edited by bmerel on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Mine came in alright today, but thought the tape idea was not real smart. She also signed right on the edge of the paper...

Jieyi seems really nice, so I would definitely take it up with her.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:48 pm

mafurman wrote:Mine came in alright today, but thought the tape idea was not real smart. She also signed right on the edge of the paper...

I contacted her and she had no replacements and would only refund me $10. Now I'm stuck with a fudge print and no refund. She was very nice when I bought the print, not the case when I inquired about a refund.
bmerel
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:49 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
mafurman wrote:Mine came in alright today, but thought the tape idea was not real smart. She also signed right on the edge of the paper...

I contacted her and she had no replacements and would only refund me $10. Now I'm stuck with a fudge print and no refund. She was very nice when I bought the print, not the case when I inquired about a refund.

drymountin weak sauce. boooooooooo!!!!
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:49 pm

while the bit of damage does suck, its not nearly a ruined print. still perfectly able to display.
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:51 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:

You are a dip fudge. Guess you need to refund your buyer. Flipped to early.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:51 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:

Chargeback time.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:52 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:That's the Mei Totoro isn't it? Mine arrived damaged too, it looked like it was packaged by a first grader.
Yea it is. I was hoping no one would notice because I don't want anything negative said about her.
bmerel wrote:contact whomever you purchased it from. send them pictures of the damage and ask what can be done. most places/artists etc will be happy to replace it for you or offer you some sort of reimbursement. good luck and remember, be cordial!...nothing worse than a mean human.

:pint:

edit: i thought you were nooby to the site...thought it said 8 posts. sorry if you took what i said as an insult.
Haha no worries man. I have already spoken to the artist. I was as nice as I could be. I am not mad just a little disappointed so I just explained to her that the tape she applied inside the kraft to secure the print wasn't a good idea and that is what damaged my print. She told me that she put it there to prevent the print from sliding so her heart was in the right place, it was just misguided. I gave her a few friendly suggestions on how to properly roll/pack and that was that. She apologized several times and felt terrible. Unfortunately the only copies she has left are damaged copies hence the question about fixing this.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Cover it with a frame maybe?
ImageX5 Hodor Image
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:54 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

I didn't flip fudge, dude. Prove it. I said I *think* I already sold it..never ended up going through. None of that has anything to do with the artist packaging a print the way this one was packaged, and I'm obviously not the only one affected.

Seriously though, find something better to do than follow me around. It's sad. You too GBD.

and by the way, the correct spelling is "too" early, not "to". :wink:
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Christ. That is messed up . Sorry your print got drymounted,dude.

Was this an AP, or did Mei tube all the pieces? Mine was bought from bottleneck,but now i'm worried . :?
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:57 pm

OtomoChaser wrote:Christ. That is messed up . Sorry your print got drymounted,dude.

Was this an AP, or did Mei tube all the pieces? Mine was bought from bottleneck,but now i'm worried . :?
AP

So any ideas if this can be fixed or is the best idea just frame it up and that is that?
Last edited by RambosRemodeler on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.