Cleaning Glass.

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:25 am

Ok, this'll sound like a stupid question, but what do you use to clean the glass of your framed prints? I have a framed movie poster - really not worth even the frame it's in - that I want to clean the glass of, but just wanted to make sure to use the right thing. I'm sure the answer is 'just use windex' or something like that, but figured I'd ask anyhow.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:33 am

I use just distilled water and a microfiber cloth. ALWAYS spray the cloth and not the glass to clean and do not go in circles. Just swipe down the glass, and then polish any streaks gently with a dry microfiber cloth.
Image Image Image
Vonschinkel
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:34 am

I use this stuff that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I believe you can also find it at places like Home Depot, etc. It is a foaming spray and works really well. I use it along with a good microfiber cloth.

summoner
Art Freak

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:36 am

If you have museum glass I just just a dry microfiber cloth after dusting it with a swiffer duster... Never had to actually use any liquids on the glass.
Image Image Image
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Cheers. This ones just regular UV glass, not museum. Was the first poster I ever got framed but only noticed the glass was a bit dirty. I'll give the micro fibre cloths a shot. I've got a few of those.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.