Valuable print stored in tube 2 years, should I buy?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:53 pm

ForSatori1919 wrote:How much would Poster Mountain charge to flatten a print??? Also shipping will be more costly since I assume they will ship it flat.
Depending on size, $75. They will ship it back flat for around $45. They will also ship in a PVC tube, if you want, for less.
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:01 pm

I found a print that was in the tube for a couple years and it was on pretty thin paper and still took forever to flatten, print was 18x24. I also recently purchased a print that has been tubed since original purchase and it was purchased a bit over 2 years ago and it has flattened out pretty well in about 3 weeks but it's also only 12x16. the small prints are a lot easier to flatten since it's much easier to unroll immediately to flatten, the larger prints are a pain and if you're not patient enough to let it relax you'll end up getting a random crease in the border when it wants to snap into place
Simulacrum7
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 03, 2013 11:10 am

I'd say you should be fine. I would never suggest backing out of an auction bid you made when seller made full disclosure on condition.