Newbie Print Question, Marks on Prints?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
Nicodemus317
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:55 pm

So I just got KT's Acension print in the mail and it looks insanely good, the only issue is a small dot of black ink missing from the top. I've come across this with some other prints I've gotten where a small white mark in a solid color is present. Is this a) a part of the screenprinting process and therefore I shouldn't worry about it? or b) a print flaw that I should seek a replacement for. Another silly question, is there something that can be done to fix it/fill it in short of going to PosterMountain? The dot is in the 2nd pic below:

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Nicodemus317 wrote:Is this
a) a part of the screenprinting process and therefore I shouldn't worry about it?
Yes.
Nicodemus317 wrote:b) a print flaw that I should seek a replacement for.
No.
Nicodemus317 wrote:Another silly question, is there something that can be done to fix it/fill it in short of going to PosterMountain?
Really? Use a sharpie.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Nicodemus317
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Right on. I guess when you get to 28k posts you get tired of answering dumb questions from beginners. I thought of the sharpie but I didn't know whether that was bad for the print or if the ink would bleed too much. Thanks for the info!
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Just let it be. Pretend it's a satellite.

Edit: I like the North Star one better. Pretend it's that.
That's what she said