The official IWish weight bag thread

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:38 pm

The photos show removable slip-on covers - made to fit the bags that I make.

Images
Art by: Shepard Fairey
Obey Giant

Campaign
The Amplifier Foundation
We The People Campaign

ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Those look great Sue!
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:56 am

Thanks. They're my new favorites, fer sure. I don't need anymore bags, so I decided to make the covers. I like the idea that I can switch-out covers - in this case, to support a cause/campaign. Heh. They're like mini billboards for bags.

Makes me feel like I'm doing something - in a small way.

IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:45 pm

Cross-post from the Obey thread. Another kind of bag. 8) I love this so much.
Me again. I can't STOP. :D

I'm gonna' make this string backpack for my sister. I have a bunch of new pillow inserts that I'll use to stuff it with. I'll tell her, if she uses it as a pillow, cinch it up and cut the cords at the bottom and re-knot to shorten them. (She has pets - wouldn't want them to get tangled-up in the cords.)

Or, she can use it as intended - as a backpack.

(If this experiment is successful, I'll post a picture of the finished backpack in the bag thread.)
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:46 pm

This one was custom-made for a friend. :lol:

IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:40 pm

My nephew is a huge C&H fan. :lol: He'll love it!

IWish
Art Expert

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:44 pm

I worked on these some more...here are the final images for bag slip-on COVERS. If you're interested in a set of just the covers, (you pick which set), ...go ahead and start a list and I'll do a couple of random drawings. For those outside U.S., I'll need help paying for postage. Okay? (Not cheaping-out on ya', I'm currently unemployed.)

I'll be putting something up at my store...I dunno'...something like a short timed release offering free sets of covers for each purchase. More on that soon.

IWish
Art Expert

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:49 pm

Here's a new (borrowed) design that I edited after reading what's going on in the Obey thread. :lol: I can edit the text to suit. Do you have a group in the Cardboard Tube Fight Club League? Hit me up.

IWish
Art Expert

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:24 am

8)

IWish
Art Expert

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:43 pm

Cross-post from the Obey thread. Seems there are those who think that I profit by adding images. I do not.
IWish wrote:
ciphe wrote:
IWish wrote:I like it! Unfortunately, I'm on a buying-freeze. Maybe I'll pick one up down-the-road.

sell more bootleg bags
Say what you want, but there is zero profit to be made when adding images to bags. The couple bucks added is my cost on materials and no labor is charged.

Is this why my bags, (seemingly), have been blackballed? If so, that's a shame. I think most of you already know I'm not a sleazebag like a few others around here. I made them as a way to give back to members on this forum. I don't live in a city where I can attend galleries to PB for people, etc. So, if you want to disparage my bags...go ahead - I can't stop you.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Another cross post from the Obey thread. I don't want to continue this discussion over there.
---------------------------------------------------
On what site, egt? Do you mean here on EB or at my store? At my store it states: "Display images shown - you choose your own images."

Don't play dumb, egt. Take a guess as to why I think they've been blackballed. I don't think I need to explain. You seem fairly intelligent - figure it out.
earlgreytoast wrote:
IWish wrote:
Is this why my bags, (seemingly), have been blackballed? If so, that's a shame. I think most of you already know I'm not a sleazebag like a few others around here. I made them as a way to give back to members on this forum. I don't live in a city where I can attend galleries to PB for people, etc. So, if you want to disparage my bags...go ahead - I can't stop you.
Why do you think your bags have been blackballed?

I know you don't actively try to sell those bootlegs but when you post pictures of them on the site I can see how it would put some people off. I'm sure there's no group out there plotting a blackball though. :lol:
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:12 pm

Seriously. How is anything I do worse? I provide a service at MY COST. How is that worse than what a lot do around here...PB'ing, (providing a service), for a charge. Flipping artists works, etc.? WTF? It's okay for you, egt, to flip prints at 3X the cost?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:16 pm

IWish wrote:Seriously. How is anything I do worse? I provide a service at MY COST. How is that worse than what a lot do around here...PB'ing, (providing a service), for a charge. Flipping artists works, etc.? WTF? It's okay for you, egt, to flip prints at 3X the cost?

2 things : 1. Who gives a fudge what anyone thinks? Keep doing your thing. 2. EGT is......special. Just ignore him
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Goz looks DAMN fine.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:22 pm

I am so upset over this. I can't believe it.