Repairing corner dings/ edge dings?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
Reptar

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Was wondering if anyone had some tips for removing small dings, dents etc. I have a few prints with small dings that are not valuable enough for a trip to poster mountain. Any tips for removing these myself? Was thinking about using an iron, lightly moistened rag and a flat surface. Obviously, I will be testing this method out on a disposable print. Anyway, any help, ideas, tips, would be greatly appreciated!
emac
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:19 am

Spooning is your friend. I've fixed quite a few things using a clean spoon and gentle pressure.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 am

people say spooning is good but my personal preference isn't using the bottom of the spoon and depends on what kind of flatware you have. I use the end of our forks or spoons (where you hold the utensil) because it is a flat, dull surface that is about 1/2" long. This gives you more control over the area you are trying to flatten. If you actually use the bottom of a spoon it doesn't give you as much control over the exact area you are trying to flatten IMO.

And introducing water and heat is a whole 'nother level. I'd be careful with all that...

GL!
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
summoner
Art Freak

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 am

These cannot be beat when it comes to working a slight dent.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/linec ... nd-scorer/
Image Image Image
Reptar

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:01 am

Thanks for the advice! I've read a few people have had some success with heat, but I'm going to try the spoon/ tool method and see how that goes first. I'm dealing with pretty minor stuff that would all frame out but it would be nice to be able to fix this kind of thing.
Thanks again for help :notworthy: