Dracula's Trip to Poster Mountain?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
johndv
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm considering sending my Ansin Dracula (reg) out for a wash after emailing a bit with a nice person at PM. Has anyone else sent their's to the Mountain for similar treatment to try to make scuffing or chub rub in the black ink less noticeable?

Exhibit A & B:
http://postimage.org/image/z29nprli1/
http://postimage.org/image/nslj8k5uh/
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Washing is more for flattening physical damage such as creases and folds.

Skuffing is more surface damage and may be a different process. Did you specify the damage and requested repair to PM?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:34 pm

I have some chub/scuff lines on one of my black-heavy prints like your second photo. If someone can kindly share how much they charge for removing/lightening those marks (on a standard 18x24 print), that would be awesome!
johndv
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:59 pm

rubberneck wrote:Washing is more for flattening physical damage such as creases and folds.

Skuffing is more surface damage and may be a different process. Did you specify the damage and requested repair to PM?
Yes, and showed pics. I was told today,

"We have washed a bunch of silk screens and this one in particular we have washed a few times. Check out our blog regarding the process:
http://postermountain.blogspot.com/2012 ... creen.html
If you have any additional questions, please let me know. I can't say for sure if that will work, but it has on other prints that had scuffs."

So it sounds like there's at least a chance it could work. I just wanted to see if anyone has had any luck with their Drac after a PM print wash.
They also clearly stated that they cannot really remove scuffs, just minimize their appearance.
TattooMike
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:59 pm

I sent my Horkey/Zouravliov Dracula off to Poster Mountain to have some scuffs in the predominantly brown area removed (I received it this way). To fix this the print was coated in a gel. It removed one scuff completely and softened to two biggest ones. They're still noticeable in the right lighting, but not nearly as bad as before. It was mailed straight to the framer and is currently framed, so I can't really show you close-up before and after pics. Good luck with yours.
ironjaiden wrote: ...because I'm a 14 year old boy trapped in a middle aged asshole suit.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Well, I can confirm that they can remove creases in Dracula, and that it looks great after going through the process:
SurfingJeff wrote:Figured I'd give everyone another example of John's great work. He just finished my Ansin Dracula that arrived from Mondo with a pretty nasty crease

Here's the before:

And the magnificent after:

I spent a good minute or two studying the exact spot where the crease was, and it is entirely gone. Awesome work, and thanks again John!
I also had them work on a Stout Big Trouble with some creasing/ding issues. That one also had some minor scuffing (much less than your Drac) that was eliminated by the flattening process.
T.H.C.
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 pm

The Post Mountain team are GODS.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
MastaMonk
Art Expert

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Can they remove/improve scuffs without enlarging the print?
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:35 pm

I guess the best people to ask that question to would be them.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
churdiales
Art Expert

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Do you think they can wash a Jboy into a Banksy?

Image Image
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
johndv
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:51 pm

MastaMonk wrote:Can they remove/improve scuffs without enlarging the print?
Not sure I follow...I would think so.

Awesome crease removal pics, Surfer! I guess it's better to be creased that scuffed...