Kansas peeps needing flat files.

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
aivc
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:42 pm

I just moved to Wichita, and I've been looking for a flat file for about two months now.

Wichita CL, I've had trouble finding one under 100 bucks. Only one ad popped in wichita since I've been looking, and that one is over my budget. On the other hand, Kansas City CL has always a bunch of them listed, some of them expensive, some of them a real bargain. Missed some for 50dollars because driving ther would just end up being more expensive than waiting for one to pop up in wichita.

Basically, since I'm always looking for FF's, I figured I might as well post my findings here if someone else in the Kansas area is also looking for one.

Here's a good ad, 12 FF's, priced okay. Package deals would maybe get you a good deal.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/3619705280.html

Cheers
Last edited by aivc on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:46 pm

but it's gone
aivc
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Works now. Guy will only go down to 360 for 2 small FF's, so it's not that great of a deal, but they look like they are in good shape.

Edit : the pictures in that ad look like Flat File pron. :drool:
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
Bickel

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:58 pm

http://wichita.craigslist.org/search/?a ... catAbb=sss

In hutchinson, about an hour away

I know it's over your budget, but if it's wood, and it's in good condition, you'll prefer it in the long run, and the womenfolk won't be as opposed to something a little more aesthetically pleasing. Also, you won't blow as much $ on gas as you would going over to KC.
aivc
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Got in touch with that guy already. He won't go down any lower than 150 bucks, so with the added cost of gas, it would end up being around 170 dollars for me. I'll pass :wink: