My New Flat File Cabinet

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
DjPhaze
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:23 am

Just picked up a flat file cabinet that i saw on craigslist. I couldnt be happier. It was an 1 1/2 hour drive but worth it. Especially for the price $150 i couldnt turn it down. It needs a lil love like maybe some polish but overall it in good shape. It comes apart into 5 parts. Lid, shelf, 2 flat file cabinets and the base. i also noticed its made by Mayline and that was a plus. i wanted to thank iambillyg for giving me some tips in finding one. Oh and it also has a back compartment to store more items! I cant wait to fill it up with my prints!
aivc
Art Expert

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:58 pm

That's a great deal man. What did you search for on CL to find it ?
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Damn... I'd drive a god deal further than 1.5 for something like that model. I could weasel that into the main living space of the house even...
Tra la la la la...
DjPhaze
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:43 pm

aivc wrote:That's a great deal man. What did you search for on CL to find it ?
I searched a couple of things..........flat file, lateral cabinet, and flat file cabinet for the most part. I would also select to search under all for sale and business. It was a fresh listing. It was just posted and i called right away. I asked her how much she said $150 and i replied sold! I didnt even try to lower the price i thought it was a steal already. I figure they paid alot more for it. It doesnt have the biggest room for the print/poster storage but it has enough(25 x 37). I had to trim the foam core boards just a bit that had my print to fit em in. It was a lil work but i was so excited it went by fast.

I just remember she had this awesome drafting table for $75. I couldnt believe it. If i had more room in the truck i would of taken it.
DjPhaze
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Yamar wrote:Damn... I'd drive a god deal further than 1.5 for something like that model. I could weasel that into the main living space of the house even...
It needs just a little work but for the most part it was hardly used. It has stains on top of the lid. i was thinking of sanding it and staining it. Not to handy when it comes to carpentry but i could search around.