Weights for flattening

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:14 pm

shagdonk wrote:edit: Thanks for the PM. It's a good idea to get rid of those extra boxes...
I discovered that it wasn't the boxes. It was due to using a case of the glass filler stored in a closet. I just finished washing about 30 lbs of glass - twice. I have no idea how far-reaching this issue dates back to...I had several cases of the glass stored there.

For reasons I won't get into...in the recent past, I (foolishly) allowed smokers stay at my house and supplies were contaminated with the smoke.

The bags with images can be machine-washed (cold water). I washed mine by putting one bag in each pocket of a pair of pants/jeans and wash the pants w/bags in the washing machine - take them out and let them air dry thoroughly. This will be a good way to test the durability of the bags...a mass bag washing. :D I'm not making light of the situation and feel like an idiot for allowing it to happen (albeit unintentionally.) I want it to be known that the bags can be washed without any concerns; which is what I intended when using the materials/inks that I chose.

As a favor to me, contact me via pm or email after you've washed them. A way to test inks/images or any seam (sewing) issues. I, of course, will guarantee to replace bags as needed.
balleetgirl121
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Hey IWish
Loving your work! I keep checking your store and its keeps saying “We’re working our site at the moment. Please come back soon”
When is a good time for me to come back? I am interested in the bags without the weights since I’m in Australia (help them keep postage costs down)
Cheers
ISO - Tori Amos Washington DC 07 Strawberryluna
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:32 pm

I need a couple more days to update the site. meanwhile, pm sent.

Getting back to washing bags. So far, it appears that hand-washing is the way to go esp. for light images. I only machine washed a dark image/bag...the image held-up fine. Hand-wash then press out excess water in an old tshirt - air dry, thoroughly. Machine washing is fine on dark images...a little bit of lint was left on the bags, although once dried...easy to remove. Using an old tshirt leaves minimal lint.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:35 pm

glad i checked this thread out...sent you a PM IWish...love these customs that im seeing!
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:04 pm

These are awesome IWish! Can't wait til your site comes back online, I need me some of these :D
roo
Art Expert

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:50 pm

I am just hanging out to win the competition, so i can have me some more bags to add to my collection as prints come 2nd now i just collect the bags of iwish.. :ziggi:
rockheem

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 am

what's an ideal weight for flattening multiple prints (10+)? and should i put a bag per corner or should i also put bags on each border?
roo
Art Expert

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:15 am

In the world of flattening the more the better really, but what ever you do just keep the weight equal..... :ziggi:
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Here's a link for the beta bag giveaway...for testing purposes. 8)

There's more information in the link. thebagladylikesart
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:50 pm

IWish wrote:Here's a link for the beta bag giveaway...for testing purposes. 8)

Miss wish. have you ever toyed with the idea of using stainless steel BB's in your bags? I converted the ones you made me and love them they end up about 1 lb each.... Just a thought.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Awesome!
Figured I'd also mention that I ordered a set of bag weights from IWish and can't wait until they arrive :D
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:01 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Miss wish. have you ever toyed with the idea of using stainless steel BB's in your bags? I converted the ones you made me and love them they end up about 1 lb each.... Just a thought.
Someone else recommended BB's and preferred them, too. The polished glass gems are easier to handle. I don't want to wash BB's in quantity/bulk...worried about any residue on them during manufacturing. I started making bags only as giveaways...the gems provided necessary weight and are inexpensive - easier.

Eventually, I will add options to all the bags (varying size/shapes) as self-closing bags (unfilled bags.) Folks can fill them with whatever they choose. I'm working on updating the store now...it's just taking me longer than I thought. Meanwhile, anyone can pm inquiries.
time
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:16 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:

Miss wish. have you ever toyed with the idea of using stainless steel BB's in your bags? I converted the ones you made me and love them they end up about 1 lb each.... Just a thought.
Where do you get BBs?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:20 am

time wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:

Where do you get BBs?
Acadamy is where I got mine. Big plastic jug of stainless BB's
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:24 am

Don't mind me, just breaking in my brand new set of weights from IWish :D :D