America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.

Postby desch on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:44 pm

fredo wrote:Everything's a conspiracy.

Thank god for Infowars...or is it WikiLeaks?

There both equably credible in Trump’s eyes...
Last edited by desch on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
desch
Art Expert

Wait for it...MisterX is going to freak out if you make a Russia connection.

Postby gorkie on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi-

Where are you located?
gorkie
Art Freak

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram

Postby fredo on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Between the sky and where you'd typically stop mowing.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby gorkie on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Sorry about that post. A little out of it. Thought I was replying to somebody's private message asking me what price I would accept for something that didn't sell for me on eBay.

I guess that is what 4.5 days of significant overdrinking, while helping our friends celebrate their anniversary in Cancun, will do for ya.
gorkie
Art Freak

Postby misterx on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:18 pm

desch wrote:
fredo wrote:Everything's a conspiracy.

Thank god for Infowars...or is it WikiLeaks?

Are you anti the Truth now??

It figures.
misterx
Art Expert

"CNN are doing spot on and accurate reporting..." Gorkie!!

Postby bubbie on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:01 pm

So no Khashoggi Act, in the likes of The Magnitsky Act, is coming?

Trump says he will stand by Saudi Arabia despite Khashoggi murder
President Donald Trump vowed on Tuesday to remain a “steadfast partner” of Saudi Arabia despite saying that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman may have known about the plan to murder dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi last month.

Defying pressure from U.S. lawmakers to impose tougher sanctions on Saudi Arabia, Trump also said he would not cancel military contracts with the kingdom, saying such a “foolish” move would only benefit Russia and China.

Trump said U.S. intelligence agencies were still studying the evidence around Khashoggi’s murder inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2 and who planned it.

“Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!” Trump said in a statement issued by the White House,

U.S. intelligence sources say the CIA’s assessment is that Khashoggi’s death was ordered by the crown prince, who is Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler and is widely known by his initials MbS.

Democratic and Republican lawmakers have urged Trump to drop his support for MbS, but the president has been reluctant.

He said on Tuesday that both Saudi Arabia’s King Salman and MbS “vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder,” and that the truth may never be known.

He also stressed that Saudi Arabia, a major oil producer, is an important business partner and a “great ally” in the fight against Iranian power in the Middle East.

“The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region,” Trump said.

What a drymounting joke. They were always there, perhaps less visible to some, but this administration really shows to the world what the double standards are all about. I don't think I can even express how drymounting ridiculous this is.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby misterx on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:47 pm

bubbie wrote:So no Khashoggi Act, in the likes of The Magnitsky Act, is coming?

Trump says he will stand by Saudi Arabia despite Khashoggi murder
President Donald Trump vowed on Tuesday to remain a “steadfast partner” of Saudi Arabia despite saying that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman may have known about the plan to murder dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi last month.

Defying pressure from U.S. lawmakers to impose tougher sanctions on Saudi Arabia, Trump also said he would not cancel military contracts with the kingdom, saying such a “foolish” move would only benefit Russia and China.

Trump said U.S. intelligence agencies were still studying the evidence around Khashoggi’s murder inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2 and who planned it.

“Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!” Trump said in a statement issued by the White House,

U.S. intelligence sources say the CIA’s assessment is that Khashoggi’s death was ordered by the crown prince, who is Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler and is widely known by his initials MbS.

Democratic and Republican lawmakers have urged Trump to drop his support for MbS, but the president has been reluctant.

He said on Tuesday that both Saudi Arabia’s King Salman and MbS “vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder,” and that the truth may never be known.

He also stressed that Saudi Arabia, a major oil producer, is an important business partner and a “great ally” in the fight against Iranian power in the Middle East.

“The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region,” Trump said.

What a drymounting joke. They were always there, perhaps less visible to some, but this administration really shows to the world what the double standards are all about. I don't think I can even express how drymounting obscene this is.

Fixed.

Khashoggi's dismemberment has been given a pass by the "Administration". Think about that for a moment....

America hasn't had a moral compass for decades. This is but one more example. The US helping cover up the cover up. All class again from the boys in Washington.

However, the bigger issue – one that Trump may not yet be ready to admit – is that his Mid-East strategy is in deep trouble, even if MbS does manage to survive as heir-apparent, as seems likely, given Trump’s strong attachment. The complication does not derive from the gruesome Khashoggi murder alone – it is now much wider than that. The significance of the Khashoggi affair, as it were, is that it has slid open a Pandora’s box of ugly goings-on. What is emerging from the Gulf is that the Khashoggi assassination is neither isolated, nor out of the ordinary in the Gulf today: Buzzfeed News reported that UAE leaders had set up, and tasked, a foreign military mercenary unit for the explicit task of serial assassinations of Muslim Brotherhood leaders (Al-Islah), in Yemen (whilst Saudi Arabia was at the same time, quietly facilitating al-Qa’eda forces in Yemen, fighting against Houthi insurgents).
More recently, the NY Times has disclosed an attempt by a senior Saudi official to close a $2 billion contract with US interests – again for serial assassinations – but this time, of Iranian leaders. It is, to put it bluntly, more redolent of the Saddam Hussein era, to read these reports; and those of Princes ‘disappeared’ from Switzerland and Paris; of a Prime Minister hijacked; and of dissenters and senior princes incarcerated at whim.
trump.jpg
trump.jpg (198.91 KiB) Viewed 326 times

Israel?? Smiling.
misterx
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Another day with Trump in office :hanging:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby misterx on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:12 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Another day with an American in office :hanging:

Fixed.

You think all this began in the last year??!!
misterx
Art Expert

Postby mtarail on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:50 pm

Trump wants to get all cozy with Saudi Arabia. But the U.S. has never forgotten where most of the 9/11 bombers came from, and we get a constant barrage of just how extreme many Saudi positions are.

Say, for example, a report from the Anti-Defamation League released today:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/saud ... ys-n938316

A few highlights from the article: items found in Saudi school textbooks

Among the goals of Zionism is a “global Jewish government to control the entire world," one excerpt states.

Another example reads: “The hour will not come until Muslims fight the Jews, so that the Muslims kill them, until the Jew hides behind rock and tree, so the rock or the tree says: ‘Oh Muslim, oh servant of God, this Jew is behind me, so kill him.’”

A third passage suggests that “beating [women] is permitted when necessary.”

One can only speculate as to why Trump is so willing to sweep the Saudi-sanctioned killing of a U.S. permanent legal resident under the rug.

But this may be the kind of issue where Congress can cobble a veto proof majority to put sanctions on the Saudi's over Trump's (nonsensical) objection.
mtarail
Art Expert

Postby misterx on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:42 pm

The US IS cozy with Saudi Arabia. 9/11 is looong forgotten in the corridors of DC, buddy.

As for your speculation mentioned, I'd offer you two words that answer it all...

Israel

Petrodollars.

Your country is beholden to only these two things...

Maybe sanctions against Saudi Arabia?

Yeah, right. Maybe in some LaLa Land parallel Universe you exist in. Reality disagrees.

What are you going to potentially do with these sanctions? Stop selling them fighter jets and missiles and bombs being used to destroy Yemens civilian population? Stop buying barrels of oil?

You seem out of touch...
misterx
Art Expert

Postby mtarail on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:47 pm

Oh, when I said one can only speculate, I meant "one" that doesn't have to wear tin-foil hats to keep foreign governments from reading their minds.
mtarail
Art Expert

Postby gorkie on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:44 am

misterx wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Another day with an American in office :hanging:

Fixed.

Says the sycophantic supporter of the most ruthless murderer of them all.

What a complete and total crock of shite everything you present yourself to be really is.

Total bullshit concern for a murder when it fits your narrative only, while you turn a blind eye to the real Assassinator-in-Chief.

I know. I know. Zer ees no pwoof vatseva!!!

Your extreme hatred for America is making you more and more off-kilter by the hour.

Just don’t hurt anybody. Please.
gorkie
Art Freak

Postby comountaingolf on Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:00 am

misterx wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Another day with an Trump in office :hanging:

Fixed.

I know from living in the US vs. getting sucked down the anti-american conspiratorial wormhole while online 24/7 that yeah, fudge has gotten a lot worse on this side of the pond under the Trump Admin. But, please, crawl out of that petri dish you call a home and wax poetic on more bullchit that no one believes nor reads. That. Would. Be. Neat.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby mattlew69 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:38 am

:clap:
mattlew69
Art Expert

ImageImage
The White House Communications Director wrote:I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own rooster.

PreviousNext

Return to Politics