America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.

Postby ctjeepguy on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:54 pm

If you desaturated the photo of trump oval office snow , I bet it would look eerily like an outtake from the Shining
ctjeepguy
Art Enthusiast

Postby gorkie on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:56 am

White House defends doctored Trump-Acosta clip used to justify reporter's ban
Press secretary stood by decision to revoke CNN reporter’s access and sharing video edited to make his actions more aggressive

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... press-pass

lies.JPG
lies.JPG (35.3 KiB) Viewed 486 times
gorkie
Art Freak

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram

Postby Mapman on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:11 pm

Something to read before you freak out over sessions getting fired. Also, the guy might not legally be allowed to take the position, so who takes over could possibly change.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... er/575467/
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby turnJBup on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Ha,
Legality is nothing anymore.
No one can stop these cvnts... certainly not existing laws.
turnJBup
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:09 pm

It ain't the laws' fault.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby Danno1 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Montgomery county is a dem stronghold, well the reps cleaned up literally about everything minus our Senator Sherrod Brown. Our new to be Governor M Dewine is a twit who follows his party blindly without any thought whatsoever of the actual constituents who live within his state. I cannot even think of many reps I know who even like him.

But with our stellar turnout we get exactly what we ask for. If we are too lazy to simply vote, then maybe we deserve all the bullsh--t these turds are going to give us, including even greater gerrymandering after the 2020 census.

Our turnout this year.

Danno1
Art Expert

stay thirsty my friends

Postby Woo5lscott on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:56 am

Ohio has had a Democrat governor once in my lifetime, it was a disaster
Woo5lscott
Art Connoisseur

Postby fredo on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:59 am

12 years isn't a long time though.
fredo
Art God

Postby comountaingolf on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:02 am

We had a Republican Governor in Colorado once. It was a disaster.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby comountaingolf on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:05 am

Woo5lscott wrote:Ohio has had a Democrat governor once in my lifetime, it was a disaster

You were a teenager. Must have trying times :lol:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby gorkie on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:48 pm

fascist.JPG
fascist.JPG (72.75 KiB) Viewed 233 times
gorkie
Art Freak

Postby gorkie on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:35 pm

gorkie
Art Freak

Postby desch on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Anatomy of a Conspiracy Theory
Credible sources say the Las Vegas shooting was a one-man job.
But a small band of former government insiders is propagating a wild alternative theory—with dangerous consequences.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ous-222576

Soon enough, all this became gruel for Higgins and Johnson, who examined Hodge’s digital footprint on social media and, in turn, came to believe he was “the go-between ISIS and Antifa,” as Higgins told me over lunch. The unsubstantiated conjecture is based on a hodgepodge of spurious assumptions. For example, this is how the authors infer in their PowerPoint that Hodge is somehow connected to Antifa: “While not excessively political, it is clear from his Facebook activity that Mr. Hodge supports left wing issues such as transgender rights, support of gay marriage, and that he holds some anti-right wing views.”

Higgins has a history of propagating controversial ideas. An ally of Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump’s first, short-lived national security adviser, and Steve Bannon, Trump’s former political strategist, Higgins was an early Trump supporter and traveled with the 2016 presidential campaign before joining the administration. The controversial memo he penned while at the National Security Council distills his worldview: “Cultural Marxist narratives,” he wrote—that is, the “forced inclusion of post-modern notions of tolerance” such as “transgender acceptance”—are destroying America’s “Judeo-Christian culture.” Higgins argued that this was all part of a larger “political warfare campaign” waged by “Islamists” in concert with the “hard left.” McCallum told me that Higgins developed these ideas (some of which McCallum agrees with) while writing his 2010 National Defense University master’s thesis, in which Higgins describes Islam as “a threat to the United States.”
desch
Art Expert

Wait for it...MisterX is going to freak out if you make a Russia connection.

Postby fredo on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Everything's a conspiracy.
fredo
Art God

Postby desch on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:41 pm

A not-so-fond farewell to Dana Rohrabacher, Putin’s best friend in Congress

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/glo ... aa122657cc

He started his career as a Reaganite. But Rohrabacher long ago up gave pretending that he has any interest in freedom, or democracy, or even the Western alliance. For much of the past decade, he has served as the voice of foreign autocrats in Congress. Egged on by Natalia Veselnitsksaya — the Russian lawyer who met with Paul Manafort, Donald Trump Jr. and Jared Kushner, and offered them “dirt” on Hillary Clinton – Rohrabacher fought, for example, against the Magnitsky Act and its successor, the Global Magnitsky Act, the legislation that targets human rights violators and kleptocrats from Russia and elsewhere with individual sanctions. At one point, he arranged to show an infamous Russian propaganda film, smearing the Magnitsky Act and its main promoter, Bill Browder, in Congress. When Rep. Edward R. Royce, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs committee, blocked him from doing so, Rohrabacher’s office instead promoted the film’s showing at the Newseum.

But his position as the chair of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Europe allowed Rohrabacher to go beyond Russian causes. Rohrabacher was famously photographed fishing with Nigel Farage, the leader of the pro-Brexit UK Independence Party, who has his own curious links to Moscow. I’ve been told that he kept in close contact with lobbyists for the illiberal Hungarian ruling party, Fidesz; he has also held hearings designed to promote their cause. He has visited Marine LePen — the far-right French politician whose presidential campaign received funding from Russia — to discuss “shared values” in the company of Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), the member of Congress most openly affiliated with white nationalism, who was sadly reelected.

None of this was a secret, and at some level, congressional Republicans have long been uncomfortable about Rohrabacher’s role. Infamously, Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the then-House majority leader, once told a group of congressman that “There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump.” But they never stopped him.
desch
Art Expert

Wait for it...MisterX is going to freak out if you make a Russia connection.

PreviousNext

Return to Politics