America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.

Postby gorkie on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:53 pm

fredo wrote:Why are the dems hypocrites too?

Don't act all naive. Everybody knows the Dems are self-serving, money-hungry, evil, baby-killing pedopizzaphiles who only care about themselves and don't give a shite about the health, livelihood, equal treatment and protection of others and our planet.

It's how we roll.

demoncrats.JPG
demoncrats.JPG (153.98 KiB) Viewed 274 times
gorkie
Art Freak

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram

Postby glenn1 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:07 pm

FrankBooth wrote:https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-asbestos-707642/

:hanging:

As with many of his more insidious actions as president, there’s a Russia connection. As the Washington Post points out, until recently, 95 percent of asbestos used in the United States came from Brazil, while the rest came from Russia. But the South American nation recently banned the mining and sale of the toxic substance, opening the door for Russia to fill the gap, which will be even larger if the U.S. resumes using the carcinogen in building materials. Russian asbestos manufacturers are thrilled. In July, the Russian company Uralasbest posted an image of its asbestos packaging, which features a smirking President Trump.

:rolling:
glenn1
Art Expert

Postby gorkie on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Did a Russian Asbestos Company Put Trump’s Face on Their Product?
A Russian asbestos producer shared a photograph of their product to social media with a seal of Donald Trump’s face and the text "Approved by Donald Trump”.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/russi ... rump_face/

derp.JPG
derp.JPG (43.24 KiB) Viewed 259 times
gorkie
Art Freak

Postby haven on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Probably bringing DDT back next.
haven
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:14 pm

So dat's what MAGA really meant all along.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby finneganm on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Big Asbestos wrote:Bout time
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby gorkie on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm

#pedopizzadude

gorkie
Art Freak

Postby haven on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Luls

haven
Art Expert

Postby finneganm on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:46 pm

The Onion is a goddamn national treasure
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby FrankBooth on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Codeblue wrote:So dat's what MAGA really meant all along.

Who's really into asbestos? apparently a few people I know.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 pm

haven wrote:Probably bringing DDT back next.

It won't hurt you. It's just to kill plants. It's called Agent Orange...and it won't bother humans.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby mtarail on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:56 pm

There may be arguments that Trump can use in his defense. The argument that stolen emails that undermine your opposing candidate are not valuable is not one of them. Campaigns in the U.S. (and Canada) spend millions of dollars to make ads and buy commercial space with the intent of influencing how someone votes. Giving information that has the potential to be weaponized and used against your competition is without question giving something of value. Clearly, Don Jr. believed it was a thing of value, hence his interest during the following email exchange:

On Jun 3, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best

Rob Goldstone

On Jun 3, 2016, at 10:53, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,

Don
mtarail
Art Expert

Postby gorkie on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:16 pm

gorkie
Art Freak

Postby bubbie on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:47 am

It's been a tiring day, so my reply won't be nearly as long.
fredo wrote:It makes no diff what the info was. If they went to/conspired to get it from a foreign agent/govt, then it is de facto valuable and what they did is illegal. Definitions can be broad and determined on a case by case basis as well.

desch wrote:This article does a great job of solidifying what Fredo and I have been saying about the ‘something of value’ argument.
http://time.com/5361925/donald-trump-co ... er-russia/

mtarail wrote:There may be arguments that Trump can use in his defense. The argument that stolen emails that undermine your opposing candidate are not valuable is not one of them. Campaigns in the U.S. (and Canada) spend millions of dollars to make ads and buy commercial space with the intent of influencing how someone votes. Giving information that has the potential to be weaponized and used against your competition is without question giving something of value. Clearly, Don Jr. believed it was a thing of value, hence his interest during the following email exchange

Thanks. I might be changing my perspective on this. I am sure it ain't that simple though. We will just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for other link as well, desch. Care to comment on the defense strategy, mtarail (or anyone else, for that matter)?

fredo wrote:Do your homework on the Steele doc. Or at least acknowledge the posts that have shot down the right wing bedtime story around it that you seem to believe.

Now you will have to educate me, fredo, on what the right wing story is and what I seem to believe in. I can't say I know what you are talking about and which one of my posts you are referring to in particular.

fredo wrote:On that note, the factual basis for your arguments have been shot down in flames - often, and yet here you are playing the "we haven't seen the evidence" card on behalf of RU. Nobody who has seen the evidence gathered against Russia in the US or UK to date has questioned it - left or right. Yet you persist with these and other storylines as deep background for your positions. The Iraq war intel, nicotine, etc examples you put up as reasons to doubt the interference are so knee-jerk thin it's...thin.

Again, what the drymount are you talking about? First of all, the lack-of-evidence-provided story I mentioned refers to the Skripal case in Britain and the Russian involvement in the poisoning. Maybe I should reread my whole previous post, but I thought it was pretty clear in that post that I am not denying interference. In fact, I think I quite extensively expressed my opinion on why Putin would interfere. The "Iraq war intel, nicotine, etc examples" may be "thin" for the Russian interference, but I do not see them as such for the Skripal case.

As for the questioning part, why would anyone with the same agenda/beliefs/call-it-as-you-like question anything that fits the agenda?

fredo wrote:Of course you sanction the fudge out of someone who is systematically killing people in your country. It's the LEAST you can do. And no, the UK has not backed down on its accusations. Boris Johnson, a dipshit liar, bulshitted that they knew the exact source of the nerve agent. Remainder remains unchanged. As you probably know.

Who is being systematically killed in your country? Yet, McCain approved of the new round of sanctions today, so it is all good! If only the old and demented left the playing field, the world today would be so much brighter.

I am sure you can find my comment on Boris not long ago, something along the lines of him having more than just looks in common with Trump. However, when the head of the State Department says the source of the nerve agent was confirmed by the lab and it is no one else but Moscow and then the lab says "Boris, are you mad?"... Grain of salt or something.

Yes, I know the remainder. It is unchanged.

fredo wrote:Image

I do enjoy these hockey gifs and otherwise hockey references quite a bit, no pun intended.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby bubbie on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:12 am

gorkie wrote:
bubbie wrote:To be fair, that part of Ukraine (what is Ukraine, anyway?) had been a part of the Russian Empire long before the Soviets came along. So the idea of the Soviets settling the Russians there is kind of bleak. Also, what is Soviets? And what is Russians?

Jesus H. Christ.

Thanks for the history lesson, gorkie. But
jjttdw wrote:Plus, I said Crimea aside. ...

which I did catch in the original post and was referring to the Eastern Ukraine, namely Donbass, what I believe jj was referring to. The history of Donbass is very different from that of the Crimea. This whole topic could be taken out to the history whatever thread that fredo created (good thread, imo; if only people participated).

Waiting for a history lesson on that region now. Reading before posting would go miles.

Questions still stand:
What is Ukraine?
What is Soviets?
What is Russians?

P.S. There is also more to the history of Crimea than just annexation by Russia, twice :lol:
bubbie
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Politics