America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.

Postby fredo on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Quit apologizing for yourself. It's unbecoming of a shill.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby bubbie on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:36 pm

misterx wrote:
desch wrote:This should be getting more press than maybe it already has.

In that same Sun interview:

President Donald Trump lambasted Europe’s immigration policies during an interview with The Sun, a British tabloid, on Thursday, saying an influx of migrants fleeing violence and seeking asylum has caused the continent to lose its culture and “changed the fabric of Europe.”
“And I don’t mean that in a positive way,” Trump told the paper in a sit-down interview. “I think allowing millions and millions of people to come into Europe is very, very sad. I think you’re losing your culture. Look around. You go through certain areas that didn’t exist 10 or 15 years ago.”

and why? because of US foreign policy.

Competence of Bush administration +
samuraiwriter wrote:Image

Luls. The first one should say "... how American advisers ultimately helped Putin win."
Pretty pathetic though.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Yah, America should totally have stayed out of the elections of the teetering shell of its mortal enemy over the previous 40 years.

It's the exact same thing! In SteinWorld
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby bubbie on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:26 pm

fredo wrote:Yah, America should totally have stayed out of the elections of the teetering shell of its mortal enemy over the previous 40 years.

Like I said, pretty pathetic.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby bubbie on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Also, it was more than 40 years.
And also,
fredo wrote:Yah, America/Russia should totally have stayed out of the elections of the teetering shell of its mortal enemy over the previous 40 years.

Po-tay-to po-tah-to
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby bubbie on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:32 pm

And
bubbie wrote:
sixstringer wrote:https://apnews.com/d51bc6f09e0940aeac2775e57d5f9793/Manafort-associate-far-more-involved-in-pro-Russia-strategy

"...the records show that Kilimnik participated in an early Manafort plan to influence Western politicians and media outlets. Officially, the project — known as Eurasia21 — would offer news and expertise on former Soviet states. Unofficially, it would be a propaganda operation intended to target Washington and European capitals and “train a cadre of leaders who can be relied upon in future governments,” according to one memo..."

The President's campaign chief was a Russian agent. #MAGA

“The West is just a little more skillful at playing the modern game, where perception by the world public opinion and the spin is more important than what is actually going on,” Kilimnik wrote to Manafort in a December 2004 memo analyzing Russia’s bungled efforts to manipulate political events in former Soviet states. “Russia is ultimately going to lose if they do not learn how to play this game.”

Have the Russians caught up you think?
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby misterx on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 pm

gorkie wrote:12 Russian Agents Indicted in Mueller Investigation

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/us/p ... cking.html

The 11-count indictment includes charges of conspiracy by the Russian intelligence officials against the United States, money laundering and attempts to break into state election boards and other government agencies.

Derp.

A3DF2A90-9A22-4F89-BC7A-BD1926B91499.jpeg

misterx
Art Expert

"CNN are doing spot on and accurate reporting..." Gorkie!!

Postby comountaingolf on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Anyone comparing the Yeltsin election of '91 after the fall of the USSR and the end of the Cold War in a country where you could stay in a 4-5 Star Hotel @ the time for approx. $15-$20, a pint of tasty pils was around $.25 and you started to see hookers on the side of the highway 10+ miles outside of Moscow to the idea of Putin & Co. intentionally trying to undermine the electoral process here in the '16 elections to get that piece of fudge Trump elected doesn't have a drymounting clue.

Just my $.02 (the price of a hockey jersey in Saint Petersburg Square back in '90) :pint:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby misterx on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Strong argument bro....
misterx
Art Expert

"CNN are doing spot on and accurate reporting..." Gorkie!!

Postby comountaingolf on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:13 pm

Beats the fudge outta false flags, bunk links and conspiracy theories, you drymounting nut.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby bubbie on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:13 am

comountaingolf wrote:Anyone comparing the Yeltsin election of '91 after the fall of the USSR and the end of the Cold War in a country where you could stay in a 4-5 Star Hotel @ the time for approx. $15-$20, a pint of tasty pils was around $.25 and you started to see hookers on the side of the highway 10+ miles outside of Moscow to the idea of Putin & Co. intentionally trying to undermine the electoral process here in the '16 elections to get that piece of fudge Trump elected doesn't have a drymounting clue.

Just my $.02 (the price of a hockey jersey in Saint Petersburg Square back in '90) :pint:

I disagree. I do not see how prices and hookers have anything to do with it.

bubbie
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:34 am

It was a few 'fun' examples of the economic instability @ the time and how the entire former USSR and all of its' industries and politicians were for sale @ the time for a song when the world needed stability. Historical context. If you visited Russia during that time, you would know what I'm talking about.

EDIT... and honestly, if you can't see the difference between the US trying to promote a candidate who embraced democracy and economic reform when that former super power was on the brink of economic & political collapse back in '91 VS Putin aggressively trying to undermine the foundation of a democracy by intentionally manipulating the electoral process in '16, then we can just agree to disagree.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Image THC X 8

Postby bubbie on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:46 am

I have visited there during those times. Two different countries that were part of the Soviet Union. And again, it has nothing to do with it. Also, by that logic, it seems that a few politicians were for sale here as well, given what has been told so far are facts. So no difference, like I said.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby bubbie on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:48 am

To the edit: Democracy is really a relative term. No one gives a drymount about democracy if there is nothing to gain.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:50 am

Nothing democratic about gerrymandered districts amirite.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

PreviousNext

Return to Politics