America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.

Postby howdyall on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 am

bubbie wrote:^ Art of the deal!

P.S. in all seriousness though, if it all works out, it will be a better world for all of us, but I doubt it will work out.

If by "work out", you mean he gets to build a hotel and a golf course in NK for rich assholes to visit and play golf at without all these horrible reporters following them everywhere, then yes, it has a good chance of "working out"
howdyall
Art Connoisseur

Postby bubbie on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:19 am

Not really sure how to respond to this, to be honest. “Luls” seems to be pretty appropriate.

P. S. Why the drymount are you so grouchy all the time?
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby comountaingolf on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:26 am

To be fair, it's pretty easy to be grouchy @ the moment with our current asshat as POTUS. You're close up N. but buffered. And your House of Commons took a stand against that fuckstick named Dump. Kudos :cheers:

comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby misterx on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 am

IMG_0304.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG (53.56 KiB) Viewed 227 times
misterx
Art Expert

"CNN are doing spot on and accurate reporting..." Gorkie!!

Postby howdyall on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:49 am

bubbie wrote:Not really sure how to respond to this, to be honest. “Luls” seems to be pretty appropriate.

P. S. Why the drymount are you so grouchy all the time?

Not actually grouchy all the time, but the current admin and its support base merits little more than the driest of sarcasm and the worst of expectations. Also, the possibility I mentioned is actually something he’s already tried (and is still negotiating for) in China. It would not be any surprise at all to find that negotiations in NK primarily included talk about branded resorts.
howdyall
Art Connoisseur

Postby jjttdw on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:32 am

None of the NK thing will work out. It will seem like it does for a while. Rocket Man's father agreed to stop enrichment then got caught cheating. Same will happen with little Rocket Man. Kim does not want improvements for NK, he merely wants to remain in power. He wants to use this process as propaganda in NK as the only way he can really be assured to stay in power is to keep the NK people in the dark. If foreign investment / people flow into NK then the curtain has been pulled back on the great and powerful Oz. And the chances that he (NK) will allow for the kind of intrusive inspections akin to those Iran agreed to is zero. So we will have a couple years of summits and things will look promising, sanctions will ease then the process will collapse and NK will be in a better position than they are now.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby gorkie on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 am

I'm just glad to hear it was all very "top of the line".
gorkie
Art Freak

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram

Postby chevyav53 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:12 am

jjttdw wrote:None of the NK thing will work out. It will seem like it does for a while. Rocket Man's father agreed to stop enrichment then got caught cheating. Same will happen with little Rocket Man. Kim does not want improvements for NK, he merely wants to remain in power. He wants to use this process as propaganda in NK as the only way he can really be assured to stay in power is to keep the NK people in the dark. If foreign investment / people flow into NK then the curtain has been pulled back on the great and powerful Oz. And the chances that he (NK) will allow for the kind of intrusive inspections akin to those Iran agreed to is zero. So we will have a couple years of summits and things will look promising, sanctions will ease then the process will collapse and NK will be in a better position than they are now.

You might be surprised. Unlike the Middle Eastern countries who have Oil that will make them money regardless of regulations North Korean outputs such as mining are struggling. Then the SK president Moon Jae-in has been more willing to work with the North to secure peace than his predecessors. Another big factor I've seen mentioned is that NK sees they can still retain power and be prosperous as China has. One can hope Kim Jong Un is changing and seeing the world differently.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Postby Count on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 am

In the past few days, the US President called the Canadian PM “meek and mild” and “very dishonest & weak”, and praised the North Korean supreme leader “Great personality and very smart” and “a very talented man”. Never thought I’d live to see this day.
Count
Art Expert

Postby Count on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:04 am

This is not a spoof. Real trailer made by the White House for Kim.
Count
Art Expert

Postby hunterjax on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:12 am

Jesus christ. Made through a minute and a half of that. We're all drymounting doomed.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby veltri on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 am

Count wrote:In the past few days, the US President called the Canadian PM “meek and mild” and “very dishonest & weak”, and praised the North Korean supreme leader “Great personality and very smart” and “a very talented man”. Never thought I’d live to see this day.

veltri
Art Expert

strongstuff wrote:i want to watch those fools squirm.

Image Image Image Image Image

Postby jjttdw on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:20 am

chevyav53 wrote:
jjttdw wrote:None of the NK thing will work out. It will seem like it does for a while. Rocket Man's father agreed to stop enrichment then got caught cheating. Same will happen with little Rocket Man. Kim does not want improvements for NK, he merely wants to remain in power. He wants to use this process as propaganda in NK as the only way he can really be assured to stay in power is to keep the NK people in the dark. If foreign investment / people flow into NK then the curtain has been pulled back on the great and powerful Oz. And the chances that he (NK) will allow for the kind of intrusive inspections akin to those Iran agreed to is zero. So we will have a couple years of summits and things will look promising, sanctions will ease then the process will collapse and NK will be in a better position than they are now.

You might be surprised. Unlike the Middle Eastern countries who have Oil that will make them money regardless of regulations North Korean outputs such as mining are struggling. Then the SK president Moon Jae-in has been more willing to work with the North to secure peace than his predecessors. Another big factor I've seen mentioned is that NK sees they can still retain power and be prosperous as China has. One can hope Kim Jong Un is changing and seeing the world differently.

Kim does not care about making money beyond what allows him to stay in power and live a lavish lifestyle. He cannot stay in power if his country is open to the rest of the world. He is a piece of garbage. Comparisons to China are not valid. If the Chinese people lived like the people in NK there would be a civil war. You can hope whatever you want but all you need to know is contained in the first sentence of this paragraph.

Edit: With that said, hopefully the process will keep Trump occupied so he can not make the situation worse before he leaves office. That benefit is bigly.
Last edited by jjttdw on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 am

Count wrote:

I really expected Eminem's Lose Yourself to start playing at some point during that....
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby rubberneck on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:46 am

Count wrote:

Gonna wait for Netflix...
rubberneck
Art God

PreviousNext

Return to Politics