America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.

Postby desch on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:58 pm

It's “Keep America Great" for 2020...he fixed everything in a year and a half. .
desch
Art Expert

mistersmith wrote:X, delete your account. Seriously. We're tired of your horseshit. Leave EB. Either that, or realize you've been fooled, utterly and entirely, because you're a paranoid coward.

Postby bubbie on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:20 am

bubbie
Art Expert

Postby nomdeguerre on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:39 am

IWish wrote:I have absolutely no problem showing appreciation for what our military does to protect our Country, but this is outrageous. OMG.

Trump's military parade is now estimated to cost $92 million – $80 million more than earlier estimate

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/trump-m ... mated.html

Wait a second. What DOES the military do for our country? What is it you appreciate? Not a dig on you, our token female, but I wonder what’s on your mind when making that statement. Last I heard states were sending the national guard to the border so no one took er jerbs. Otherwise these are all affairs driven by economics.
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

*hand censored by the magical m'faith

Postby IWish on Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:20 am

er jerbs? What does that mean? lol...I have no idea.

Our service men and women are the ones going to the front line to fight in war. You know...risking their lives to protect our freedom and to protect others who can't protect their self...genocide and other atrocities in other Countries.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby nomdeguerre on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:58 am

That’s pretty naive and uninformed. But that’s the drum we beat here.
nomdeguerre
Art Connoisseur

*hand censored by the magical m'faith

Postby IWish on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:52 am

I, by no means, believe everything I read on the internet - plus, I can't vouch for the credibility of 'Vice' (online magazine?) But, this story sure does sound like it has a ring of truth to it.

"The president apparently got sidetracked debating a bit of movie trivia in an exchange one attendee called "really drymounting weird."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ywk4 ... harebutton
IWish
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:59 pm

The man doesn't need prayer...he needs an exorcism. It's abhorrent how churchies turn a blind eye regarding his behavior.

Good People Don’t Defend A Bad Man

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/12/go ... 0Pavlovitz

IWish
Art Expert

Postby misterx on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:39 pm

IWish wrote:er jerbs? What does that mean? lol...I have no idea.

Our service men and women are the ones going to the front line to fight in war. You know...risking their lives to protect our freedom and to protect others who can't protect their self...genocide and other atrocities in other Countries.

IWish wrote:er jerbs? What does that mean? lol...I have no idea.

Scary.
Its this tragic dumbing down / brainwashing, used so effectively to glorify your military, that has your country in such a mess.

The only threats to your *cough* freedoms ,that you and most of your country feel sooo strongly about losing, ironically come from your military, as it runs roughshod around the planet.
Eg. Anybody care to explain the rationale your country has for supporting Saudi Arabia, both tactically and supply of armaments, in its genocide of Yemen ?? IWish??

Clearly the U$ propaganda apparatus is working very effectively when the populace polices itself. Not quite perfect, with outliers like nomdeguerre clearly disputing America's unquestioned devotion to military, but pretty damn close.
misterx
Art Expert

"CNN are doing spot on and accurate reporting..." Gorkie!!

Postby finneganm on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:15 pm

USA bad, Russia great!
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby misterx on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Russia?? Where??
misterx
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Obama banned the selling of precision-guided missiles to the Saudis. Trump overturned the ban then sold those kind of missiles to them. What happened in Yemen is heartbreaking and the result of THAT should have been the end of Trump's presidency -- he is a filthy disgrace.

I did not vote for that orange F*CK currently sitting in the WH. Those in our military that don't support him have no choice but to do the bidding of their commander in chief - it's the law. I have to pay taxes that helped pay for those missiles - it's the law.

We can all thank those that voted that man into the WH for such travesties because THEY voted for a man that is not qualified to run our Nation.
Last edited by IWish on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:02 pm

First rule of 'don't address seriously anything X says' club...
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby IWish on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:38 pm

I know. I must not be speaking loudly enough in this thread -- about my hatred for that man sitting in the WH. Pull your head out of your ass, X.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby gorkie on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:29 pm

32106FAC-BDBD-470B-98CC-5EC92B073A1D.jpeg
32106FAC-BDBD-470B-98CC-5EC92B073A1D.jpeg (60.55 KiB) Viewed 142 times
gorkie
Art Freak

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram

Postby misterx on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:01 pm

IWish wrote:Obama banned the selling of precision-guided missiles to the Saudis. Trump overturned the ban then sold those kind of missiles to them. What happened in Yemen is heartbreaking and the result of THAT should have been the end of Trump's presidency -- he is a filthy disgrace.

I did not vote for that orange F*CK currently sitting in the WH. Those in our military that don't support him have no choice but to do the bidding of their commander in chief - it's the law. I have to pay taxes that helped pay for those missiles - it's the law.

We can all thank those that voted that man into the WH for such travesties because THEY voted for a man that is not qualified to run our Nation.

You aint got a clue, darling, if you believe Obama had nothing to do with Yemen, Nobel Peace prize or otherwise.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/ ... -arms-deal

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN11D2JQ

U.S. President Barack Obama’s administration has offered Saudi Arabia more than $115 billion in weapons, other military equipment and training, the most of any U.S. administration in the 71-year U.S.-Saudi alliance, a report seen by Reuters has found.
The report said U.S. arms offers to Saudi Arabia since Obama took office in January 2009 have included everything from small arms and ammunition to tanks, attack helicopters, air-to-ground missiles, missile defense ships, and warships. Washington also provides maintenance and training to Saudi security forces.

sure thing..._m.jpg
sure thing..._m.jpg (87.39 KiB) Viewed 123 times
misterx
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Politics