All things Election 2016

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.

Postby cktbreaker on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:10 pm

john38103 wrote:
cktbreaker wrote:Hillary’s “New Jobs for New York” platform included 7 measures to create 200,000 jobs in NY:

Create “technology bonds” to fund interest-free loans to improve Internet access.
A “Broadband Expansion Grant Initiative” to provide grants & loan guarantees to fund networks in “under-served rural areas.”
Fund research on broadband technology in rural areas.
Tax credits for small businesses that created jobs in smaller communities.
Federal funding for “entrepreneurs who have good ideas but cannot afford lawyers and consultants to help them.“
Funding for the Commerce Department’s Cooperative Extension Service to allow it to subsidize non-agricultural technologies.
Create ”Regional Skills Alliances“ to provide training to technology workers.

She got two of her plan’s seven measures signed into law. Despite promising to create 200,000 jobs, NY lost 35,800 jobs. Clinton blamed NY’s poor job performance on GOP economic policies.

john38103 wrote:What job statistics are you using to substantiate the above? And what time period?

cktbreaker wrote:Just tired of the bullshit.

john38103 wrote:if you're tired of the bullshit I'd appreciate an answer about what stats and time period you used for your previous post? Because you seem like a purveyor of the finest bullshit from where I'm sitting.

Do you not know what stats or time period you were referring to?

I thought you would have figured this by now. Since were talking about NY state, I'm talking about the time she was senator of NY.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Postby finneganm on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:12 pm

You're a tad late for Hillary bashing aren't you?
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby john38103 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:17 pm

cktbreaker wrote:I thought you would have figured this by now. Since were talking about NY state, I'm talking about the time she was senator of NY.

That would've been my guess but your position that there was a net loss of jobs in New York state during her time as senator is incorrect. So I was hoping you had some additional explanation.
john38103
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 pm

cktbreaker wrote:Hillary Clinton worked on the board at Wallmart for 6 years and received campaign donations from them.

So she must absolutely be out to crush workers.
Enjoy your feeding frenzy.
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby squalie on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:31 pm

glenn1 wrote:
gorkie wrote:A really great learning opportunity from NPR for the Killary folk...

We Tracked Down a Fake-News Creator in the Suburbs. Here's What We Learned.

http://one.npr.org/?sharedMediaId=503146770:503182825

Heard that one last week. The guy tries to pretend like he's conducting some noble experiment by proving how gullible Trump supporters are, but he's really just harming democracy for ad revenue. It was interesting, if not surprising, that they focus on right wingers because liberals don't bite.

Crazy. 10k-30k per month for clicks to his fake news site. That guy's a fuckn waste of space.
squalie
Art Expert

Postby john38103 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:32 pm

john38103 wrote:
cktbreaker wrote:I thought you would have figured this by now. Since were talking about NY state, I'm talking about the time she was senator of NY.

That would've been my guess but your position that there was a net loss of jobs in New York state during her time as senator is incorrect. So I was hoping you had some additional explanation.

And I should specify that I looked at NY State Department of Labor's numbers to confirm that you were wrong.
john38103
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:35 pm

applehead wrote:I think I'm in the minority thinking that not much will change.

Not really.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby fredo on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:55 pm

Oh, it'll get worse alright.
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby gorkie on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:58 pm

fredo wrote:Oh, it'll get worse alright.

gorkie
Art Expert

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram

Postby canuck on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:18 am

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby aahnutz on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Abortion
No one likes to do it. It is a difficult decision for a woman to make. Today, most abortions are taking place within the first eight weeks of conception. A doctor will not see a woman and confirm pregnancy until six weeks have passed since her last menstruation. Less than 1% of abortions are late term, mostly because of a danger to a mother's life or due to severe abnormalities of the fetus who has little chance of survival after birth. Making abortion illegal will not stop it.

Did you know that without Obamacare, the health insurance premiums of women will increase compared to what a man pays at the same age? For years women have paid higher premiums, and less than 20% of policies included maternity coverage. That was an extra service with an additional premium to pay. How unfair is that? Women were not covered for contraception, but men were covered for erectile dysfunction. Is that not discriminatory?

On another topic, if you are a single parent, Trump plans on eliminating the Head of Houshold filing status for income taxes. So parents, (men and women) who are struggling to raise children on their own will pay more in taxes. Why?

The rich get richer...
aahnutz
EB Team

The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.

Postby finneganm on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

yup
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby gorkie on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:07 am

aahnutz wrote:On another topic, if you are a single parent, Trump plans on eliminating the Head of Houshold filing status for income taxes. So parents, (men and women) who are struggling to raise children on their own will pay more in taxes. Why?

Would 51% of single parents see taxes rise under Donald Trump's tax plan?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... der-donal/
gorkie
Art Expert

Postby FreeTheWestMemphis3 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:35 am

Honestly, I have not dug into any "proposals" from Humpty Trumpty since the election.

For anyone in the middle to lower class, get ready to feel the trickle down. There were a lot of disappointed people on Election Day, but I surmise there will be a lot more in four years.

Doesnt Reince Priebus look like a little rat bastard? He looks like Gargamel's sniveling cousin.
FreeTheWestMemphis3
Art Expert

ErocAfellar wrote:Repubs don't want to cut government spending. They just want to cut government spending on things they don't agree with.

Postby gorkie on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:15 pm

gorkie
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Politics