All things Election 2016

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.

Postby fredo on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:23 pm

cktbreaker wrote:
fredo wrote:Sounds like somebody's got a very ill-defined grudge.

Just tired of the bullshit.

It's less exhausting once you accept that these people can't do everything and that they are essentially asked to be everything by way of literally millions of requests.
On the federal scale you can only ask that they push generally in the direction of reason/humane-ness.

Which is to say, the price you pay for liberalism/progressive/grassroots politics is messiness, sometimes ugly. Ont he flip, the reason the right gets most of what it wants when in or out of power is that (til the Flea Bags and The Dump showed up) nobody dissents. They do what daddy tells them.

ps stop blaming the dems for low wages and shitty healthcare. that is straight crazytalk.
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby applehead on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Well, we can't just add import tarriffs to all the goods coming in from China. Inflation would skyrocket. Common goods at Walmart would be 2-3x the price they are now. Bringing back the manufacturing to the states would be a difficult and long task, but not impossible. It is going to be an interesting next 4-8 years. My personal opinion is that not much will change. But that is yet to be seen, and I think I'm in the minority thinking that not much will change.
applehead
Art Expert

Postby cktbreaker on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:30 pm

I would love to stop blaming Dems for stuff, if they would either A) stop lying to us that they care or B) actually do something they say. How long can you expect Unions and working people to support Dems while they loose ground year after year and Dems keep saying stick with us because you have no better option.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Postby finneganm on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:31 pm

finneganm wrote:If you're against free-trade, you're a dinosaur.
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby gorkie on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Derp.

gorkie
Art Expert

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram

Postby finneganm on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:39 pm

cktbreaker wrote:I would love to stop blaming Dems for stuff, if they would either A) stop lying to us that they care or B) actually do something they say. How long can you expect Unions and working people to support Dems while they loose ground year after year and Dems keep saying stick with us because you have no better option.

They have no better options. What exactly are you looking for? An end to globalization? For productivity and efficiency to no longer matter?
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby fredo on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:40 pm

applehead wrote:Common goods at Walmart would be 2-3x the price they are now.

As they should.

related: Walmart sucked the bibble belt dry in many ways and yet they still blame liberals.
fredo
Art God

Postby cktbreaker on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:45 pm

finneganm wrote:
cktbreaker wrote:I would love to stop blaming Dems for stuff, if they would either A) stop lying to us that they care or B) actually do something they say. How long can you expect Unions and working people to support Dems while they loose ground year after year and Dems keep saying stick with us because you have no better option.

They have no better options. What exactly are you looking for? An end to globalization? For productivity and efficiency to no longer matter?

Now you're going off the deep end and trying to twist words to fit your limited single party view point.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Postby Bikejoh on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Welcome to the election thread! Next come the insults
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Postby finneganm on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:52 pm

cktbreaker wrote:
finneganm wrote:

Now you're going off the deep end and trying to twist words to fit your limited single party view point.

Ok, let me rephrase to not offend your delicate sensibilities, what exactly are you looking for?
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby fredo on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:53 pm

As I said- there is brutal, lockstep, tooth and nail opposition from the supply side to the kinds of changes necessary to get more money flowing through the economy. You can give the left fudge for not being equally aggressive in response, but in the end that is not the nature of the liberal beast. It wants to cooperate, which is good. You can't have these things happen/function without input from both sides. And bad- cuz The Borg don't cooperate.
fredo
Art God

Postby finneganm on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Bikejoh wrote:Welcome to the election thread! Next come the insults

You're a moron.

But clearly with a keen sixth sense for incoming insults.
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby Bikejoh on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:57 pm

I just know you so well finn :heart:
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Postby john38103 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:08 pm

cktbreaker wrote:Hillary’s “New Jobs for New York” platform included 7 measures to create 200,000 jobs in NY:

Create “technology bonds” to fund interest-free loans to improve Internet access.
A “Broadband Expansion Grant Initiative” to provide grants & loan guarantees to fund networks in “under-served rural areas.”
Fund research on broadband technology in rural areas.
Tax credits for small businesses that created jobs in smaller communities.
Federal funding for “entrepreneurs who have good ideas but cannot afford lawyers and consultants to help them.“
Funding for the Commerce Department’s Cooperative Extension Service to allow it to subsidize non-agricultural technologies.
Create ”Regional Skills Alliances“ to provide training to technology workers.

She got two of her plan’s seven measures signed into law. Despite promising to create 200,000 jobs, NY lost 35,800 jobs. Clinton blamed NY’s poor job performance on GOP economic policies.

john38103 wrote:What job statistics are you using to substantiate the above? And what time period?

cktbreaker wrote:Just tired of the bullshit.

john38103 wrote:if you're tired of the bullshit I'd appreciate an answer about what stats and time period you used for your previous post? Because you seem like a purveyor of the finest bullshit from where I'm sitting.

Do you not know what stats or time period you were referring to?
john38103
Art Expert

Postby cktbreaker on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 pm

fredo wrote:
applehead wrote:Common goods at Walmart would be 2-3x the price they are now.

As they should.

related: Walmart sucked the bibble belt dry in many ways and yet they still blame liberals.

Hillary Clinton worked on the board at Wallmart for 6 years and received campaign donations from them.

Yeah shes all about workers rights and raising the minimum wage.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Politics