America: The Trump Era

Civics, civilly. Post lifetime is 6 months.

Postby rubberneck on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:57 am

bubbie wrote:Watched this video here, http://video.foxnews.com/v/581047149900 ... show-clips, titled "Trump: I'm not pro-Russia, I just want our country safe". I think this is the longest thing I watched with Tucker in it. Regardless, among other things, one actually jumped out at me; something along the lines how those immigrants are destroying the European culture. Made me think, what is exactly the American culture the immigrants are out to destroy? I mean what is the American culture?

I am not really asking to stir the pot or whatever. Just really curious what y'all Americans think on the subject. Not the trumping, but the culture.

P.S. if any Canadian wants to chime on our culture, go ahead as well.

Give Sacha a few weeks to explain it...

rubberneck wrote:
rubberneck
Art God

Postby bubbie on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 am

comountaingolf wrote:Canada? I know Tim Hortons has to be a part of that conversation... :lol:

I'm not the expert on American culture, but Christianity & Capitalism are heavy influences, along with the occasional Jack London novel :wink:

Ain't no Canada with no Tim Horton's :lol:

Funny, but Christianity did not really come to mind when thinking about it yesterday. Money (aka capitalism/american dream) and guns were the first two. There were also Hollywood, McDonald's, war, etc.
Also funny how you mention Christianity and capitalism together, while the two preach the opposite. I think the correct term would be pseudo-Christianity.

Good call on London, though today, many would consider his views un-American.

Interesting stuff.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:48 am

Naw dawg, teh REAL American dream is working at teh same STEEL factory yer whole life, popping out several kids, buying a nice house for a 100k or less, collecting dat sweet sweet pension, then retiring down in Arizona or Florida (or any other non librul state with decent weather).
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby hunterjax on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:58 am

bubbie wrote:Watched this video here, http://video.foxnews.com/v/581047149900 ... show-clips, titled "Trump: I'm not pro-Russia, I just want our country safe". I think this is the longest thing I watched with Tucker in it. Regardless, among other things, one actually jumped out at me; something along the lines how those immigrants are destroying the European culture. Made me think, what is exactly the American culture the immigrants are out to destroy? I mean what is the American culture?

I am not really asking to stir the pot or whatever. Just really curious what y'all Americans think on the subject. Not the trumping, but the culture.

P.S. if any Canadian wants to chime on our culture, go ahead as well.

In the context of how Fox and Trump use "American culture" it means white, Euro-centric, Christian traditions. It's a rose-colored glasses view of what these morons think the 1950s represented: big cars in perfect suburbs with rolling green lawns, women in the kitchen in evening dresses with a drink in hand for Big White Daddy when he came home from work "in plastics." It's a completely made-up idea of what the world "was" before all these brown people and ladies got "equal" rights.

In reality? American Culture is the grafting on of a 1000 different cultures to form whatever it is that your family has as traditions and history. It's consumerism via the lens of nostalgia. It's nothing solid, there's no "national" identity of culture, it's all regional and based on one's heritage.

That's my dime-store sociologist take at least.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby gorkie on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Ex-White House stenographer: Trump is ‘lying to the American people’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... -trump-is-‘lying-to-the-american-people’/ar-AAAft3h?ocid=spartanntp

"I quit because I couldn't be proud of where I worked anymore," Dorey-Stein said. "I felt like President Trump was lying to the American people, and also...not even trying to tell the truth. He wasn't even going the extra mile to have the stenographers in the room"
gorkie
Art Freak

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram

Postby comountaingolf on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Codeblue wrote:Naw dawg, teh REAL American dream is working at teh same STEEL factory yer whole life, popping out several kids, buying a nice house for a 100k or less, collecting dat sweet sweet pension, then retiring down in Arizona or Florida (or any other non librul state with decent weather).

Don't forget about those sexy bedazzle jeans and the annual trip down to MX for a week of vacation :lol:
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!

Image THC X 8

Postby rubberneck on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Codeblue wrote:Naw dawg, teh REAL American dream is claiming disability welfare yer whole life, popping out several kids for even more social welfare checks, collecting dat sweet sweet cash to buy the latest big screen tv and then dying of diabetes or a coronary condition on the La-Z-Boy .

fixed
rubberneck
Art God

Postby hunterjax on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Naw dawg, teh REAL American dream is claiming disability welfare yer whole life, popping out several kids for even more social welfare checks, collecting dat sweet sweet cash to buy the latest big screen tv and then dying of diabetes or a coronary condition on the La-Z-Boy .

fixed

oof, truth.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby Codeblue on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:29 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Naw dawg, teh REAL American dream is claiming disability welfare yer whole life, popping out several kids for even more social welfare checks, collecting dat sweet sweet cash to buy cases of PBR and the latest big screen tv and then dying of diabetes, opiod OD, or a coronary condition on the La-Z-Boy .

fixed

Fixed again.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby sixstringer on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Codeblue wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Naw son, teh REAL problem with the American Dream these days is all those illegal mexicans and gang bangers from Chicago coming here and claiming disability welfare their whole life, getting free cell phones from Obama, popping out several kids for even more social welfare checks, collecting dat sweet sweet cash to buy booze and weed and the latest sneakers and big screen tv and then dying of diabetes, opiod OD, or a coronary condition on the La-Z-Boy. And I'm paying for ALL OF IT!

fixed

Fixed again.

Fixed via my dad.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby gorkie on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Churchill.JPG
Churchill.JPG (27.3 KiB) Viewed 273 times
gorkie
Art Freak

Postby mobius006 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:15 pm

I want two things in life. For this to end, and EB to work.
mobius006
Art Freak

Liberal Democratic - Print Conservative: Pro Government Regulations, Anti Reprints and Timed Editions.

Postby fredo on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:20 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Naw dawg, teh REAL American dream is gettin fat onnat publicly subsidized black gold and whining about all them poors and angry blackfolk rioting over cops an whatnot

fixed

Wrong! It's bitching.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby gorkie on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:48 pm

putinsbitch.JPG
putinsbitch.JPG (68.59 KiB) Viewed 236 times
gorkie
Art Freak

Postby gorkie on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Top Voting Machine Vendor Admits It Installed Remote-Access Software on Systems Sold to States

Remote-access software and modems on election equipment 'is the worst decision for security short of leaving ballot boxes on a Moscow street corner.'

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... rce=Snapzu
gorkie
Art Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Politics