2018 Rotten Oscars

That's right folks! They're just giving them away! Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby duckyhoward on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:20 am

WOW! :shock:

That's a bit of a surprise. A few rolls of the dice with some guesses on the shorts and the doco's so i definitely got a bit lucky there. Big congrats to Roger Deakins who finally got the accolade he deserved.

I'd like to thank the EB Academy for the opportunity to participate and that i must admit i was so busy with work (given it is a Monday arvo here in Australia) that I wasn't able to actively participate in the thread this time around. So i will have to go back and read the banter once i get home from work.

I'd like to take a moment to thank RottenAtom for organizing the event, and for all of those members and organisations who donated items this year - jjttdw, binky79, Mondo, Black Dragon Press, theperfecttree, meskell, DonPiano, cerebus, letstalkprints, and RottenAtom. :clap: - Apologies if i missed anyone.

Given i am in Australia, and to save Rotten on some serious postage costs for shipping any of the items to me, i'd be more than happy to transfer my prize down the winners list. So on that basis i will pass my first prize down to CSmiley317 (a deserving runner up) and so on. :pint:

Congrats to all and - i will see you all in 2019; or sooner on the EB boards here.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:22 am

dasponyboy wrote:I'd like to state for the record that I would like to be called the Buffalo Bills of the Rotten Oscars...picked Spielberg for Lincoln to drop me into a 3 way tie for 1st that year, Denzel to lose to jjttdw last year and now 3 Billboards this year

I rooted for the Bills in all 4 of those Super Bowls. I hope that next year I have the honor of stopping you at the one yard line :wink:

dasponyboy wrote:Most importantly my streak of never losing to Rambo continues and that is worth a lot and will help me sleep tonight

I love that this is a thing that's addressed each year :lol:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby thisisjosh on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 am

duckyhoward wrote:I'd like to take a moment to thank RottenAtom for organizing the event, and for all of those members and organisations who donated items this year - jjttdw, binky79, Mondo, Black Dragon Press, theperfecttree, meskell, DonPiano, cerebus, letstalkprints, and RottenAtom. :clap: - Apologies if i missed anyone.

Given i am in Australia, and to save Rotten on some serious postage costs for shipping any of the items to me, i'd be more than happy to transfer my prize down the winners list. So on that basis i will pass my first prize down to CSmiley317 (a deserving runner up) and so on. :pint:

Congrats to all and - i will see you all in 2019; or sooner on the EB boards here.

:clap: gracious
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:28 am

Cheers ducky! Well done :pint:

Rotten Oscars moves from one classy champ (jjttdw) to another :clap:

(Happy to cover shipping if something grabs your eye - there's no destination discrimination in Rotten Oscars. Otherwise, we'll have another drawing for all the participants.)

duckyhoward wrote:WOW! :shock:

That's a bit of a surprise. A few rolls of the dice with some guesses on the shorts and the doco's so i definitely got a bit lucky there. Big congrats to Roger Deakins who finally got the accolade he deserved.

I'd like to thank the EB Academy for the opportunity to participate and that i must admit i was so busy with work (given it is a Monday arvo here in Australia) that I wasn't able to actively participate in the thread this time around. So i will have to go back and read the banter once i get home from work.

I'd like to take a moment to thank RottenAtom for organizing the event, and for all of those members and organisations who donated items this year - jjttdw, binky79, Mondo, Black Dragon Press, theperfecttree, meskell, DonPiano, cerebus, letstalkprints, and RottenAtom. :clap: - Apologies if i missed anyone.

Last edited by RottenAtom on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby revmod on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 am

Well played! Twenty-two is some serious good score. Congratulations!

duckyhoward wrote:WOW! :shock:

revmod
Art Connoisseur

Drink like nobody's watching.

Postby DonPiano on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 am

RottenAtom wrote:I scored 20/24. Congratulations to CSmiley317, dasponyboy, jkw3000, steivewonder88, and vster23, for also scoring higher than me. :clap:

CSmiley, you get a prize! (again, CSmiley stays in the winners circle)

dasponyboy, you get a (consolation) prize!

jkw, you get a prize!

steivewonder, you can't see or spell, but you get a prize!

vster23, you get a prize!

Prizes for all!!!

I'll assign numbers and use a random number generator to determine the prize selection order. Well done, folks!

Everybody who participated in Rotten Oscars will be assigned a number and numbers will be drawn for the 5 remaining prizes.

Huge thanks to all the donors and to everybody who participates and keeps making this a fun event each year. We'll do it again next year :pint:

Drawings coming soon! (Not sure if I'll get around to them tonight, but in the next day or so. Still got a ridiculous amount of moving to do.)

Those shorts and my feeling that Get Out will win kept me out of the winners circle, but congratulations to all.
DonPiano
Art Expert

AB Film Review

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.

Postby middayshadows on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:30 am

'Grats winners! Some impressive scores.

Thanks for doing this again, RA! :notworthy:

....as well as all the donors and everyone who participated! :pint:
middayshadows
Art Expert

Image Image

Postby treweman on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am

I didn’t finish last!? I think this is going to be a good day. And like so many others, I’d like to thank RA for organizing this.
treweman
Art Expert

Postby vster23 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:03 am

Awesome, thanks for running it!
vster23
Art Connoisseur

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:03 am

Congrats and thanks to you all! :pint:
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Good morning! Cheers again to duckyhoward, the 2018 Rotten Oscars Champ with a score of 22/24 :clap:

The following people scored higher than me with 21/24 categories correct. Everybody in the 'Winner's Circle' gets a prize. Here are your #s for the drawings to determine the prize selection order:

1. CSmiley317
2. dasponyboy
3. jkw3000
4. steivewonder88
5. vster23

The first drawing is for first pick of the prizes.

(drumroll please...)

and the winner is...

#3. jkw3000 :clap:

This drawing is for 2nd pick of the prizes. (For each drawing - for the sake of convenience - I'll leave the winners who've already been selected in, but if they get chosen I'll pick again. You can only win once.)

and the winner is... (funny, #3 came up again. Luck is on jkw's side. Doesn't count through... re-draw...)

#5. vster23 :clap:

This drawing is for 3rd pick of the prizes.

and the winner is....

#1. CSmiley :clap:

This drawing is for 4th pick of the prizes.

and the winner is...

#4 steivewonder88 :clap:

and that means dasonyboy gets 5th pick of the prizes :clap: (chance can be a real bitch sometimes, eh?) :lol:

The drawings for the remaining prizes will include everybody who participated in Rotten Oscars who didn't already win a prize. That'll probably come later tonight, unless rain keeps me from moving stuff. Still got lots to do...

jkw3000, you may select your prize!

Prize Selection Order:

1. jkw3000
2. vster23
3. CSmiley317
4. steivewonder88
5. vster23
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby jjttdw on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Well done ducky and thanks for putting this together again RA!
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Also, I want to share... Last night when the Oscars were wrapping up, I got a nice message from IWish thanking me for hosting the Rotten Oscars and doing something fun for the community. It included this video displaying a few unique gifts she made. Very creative. Made me feel good. Thanks, IWish!

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:15 pm

Ha, there goes all my luck for this week. :lol:

Picked, more than anything this is one of my favorite little things to do and a nice prelude to my March Madness bracket. Thank y'all for participating, here's to actually winning on picks next year. :pint:
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby MonteAlderaan on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks to RA once again for putting this all together and to all those who contributed prizes. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Next year, I need to remember to bet on Netflix feature docs and anything with a "star" name attached to it when it comes to the shorts.
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Print Giveaways