Page 2 of 4

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:14 am
by HairyHood
Thanks for the chance, dude!

Movie: Blade Runner 2049

Poster: Where do you go when you go?... --Danger


1. piper27
2. Cinlabyrinth
3. dodgers77
4. Quiksilvr22
5.IndyDMBFan
6.SPAC04
7. jjttdw
8. ArchibaldTuttle
9. Plush
10. AliRock110
11. listerfeend
12. hunkster
13. HairyHood

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm
by GoBluePanic
Thanks!

The Revenant

5 Birds

1. piper27
2. Cinlabyrinth
3. dodgers77
4. Quiksilvr22
5.IndyDMBFan
6.SPAC04
7. jjttdw
8. ArchibaldTuttle
9. Plush
10. AliRock110
11. listerfeend
12. hunkster
13. HairyHood
14. GoBluePanic

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:59 am
by SPAC04
hunterjax wrote:thanks for posting all - I will keep this going through at least Monday and try to post pics of items this weekend. Had planned on doing that today, but the Bomb Cyclone of New England came down on my driveway with a fury.

I like the range of picks for stuff - I loved MM:Fury Road, but I am surprised so many rank it so high.

I still have to put in more thought on my picks . . .


New "Blade Runner" is a very very close second for me, and there are some philosophical aspects of "Alien: Covenant" (origins of the conflict of the original "Alien") that have actually made that the most discussed film of the year for me. All three are franchises that built the foundations of my taste in contemporary cinema, so its a thought provoking topic...but they out right replaced Mellie Gibson as Mad Max and I didn't even really mind, so I had to give it to Fury Road. Great discussion topic, and props on the giveaway :pint:
Image

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:18 pm
by hunterjax
SPAC04 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:thanks for posting all - I will keep this going through at least Monday and try to post pics of items this weekend. Had planned on doing that today, but the Bomb Cyclone of New England came down on my driveway with a fury.

I like the range of picks for stuff - I loved MM:Fury Road, but I am surprised so many rank it so high.

I still have to put in more thought on my picks . . .


New "Blade Runner" is a very very close second for me, and there are some philosophical aspects of "Alien: Covenant" (origins of the conflict of the original "Alien") that have actually made that the most discussed film of the year for me. All three are franchises that built the foundations of my taste in contemporary cinema, so its a thought provoking topic...but they out right replaced Mellie Gibson as Mad Max and I didn't even really mind, so I had to give it to Fury Road. Great discussion topic, and props on the giveaway :pint:
Image

Yeah, I love Fury Road as well and I think the replacement of Gibson is less jarring because I think it's less a Mad Max movie than it is a movie in the Universe of Max. BR2049 is definitely in my top three of the last three years. I might go with Dunkirk as my number 1. Movie really affected me and it just seemed like a leap forward in war films. I understand some people think it had no character development or story, but that wasn't the movie Nolan was making. Seeing it in IMAX was also just amazing.

Sorry I have slacked on this . . . back to work after holiday has beat me down. Anyway, I plan on going through my flat file this weekend and posting some pics of stuff to give away and then will probably wrap up entries mid- to late-next week, so if you want in . . . DO IT!

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:05 pm
by hunterjax
all right - so I am going to take the 14 who are in and pick the winners tonight or tomorrow morning.

I have a bunch of stuff, I will make up a few "prize packs" and then winner 1 can pick, winner 2 can have the other pack. I may even make a 3rd pack and pick one more winner.

Thanks to all who entered, keep a look out for the winner post tonight or tomorrow.

:cheers:

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:21 pm
by RottenAtom
This was a cool giveaway! I totally intended to participate but I still haven't pinned down my favorite print or my favorite movie of the last 3 years. It was cool seeing what people picked though :pint:

For film, I really liked Embrace of the Serpent, Inside Out, The Big Short, and Blade Runner 2049

Poster would be Tong Mulholland Drive, Kurtz Graduate, Woodson 2001, Ruas Ran, or Ise Grand Budapest Hotel

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:24 pm
by piper27
I really liked inside out too! One of the kids movies I can tolerate watching multiple times.

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:33 pm
by RottenAtom
piper27 wrote:I really liked inside out too! One of the kids movies I can tolerate watching multiple times.


It's crazy good. I always say that The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie but Inside Out is right up there and its probably better. The score is unique and beautiful. I was just trying to figure out what to put on, I think I've figured it out :)

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:27 pm
by ArchibaldTuttle
Went with Mad Max, but gotta say that The Love Witch is way up there. Strange one and I know it's a very specific style (and not like the "best" film), but I had so much fun watching it. Shape of Water and honestly a ton of A24 stuff are close calls- The Lobster, Swiss Army Man, Green Room (seeing as the prompt is "favorite"). Oh jeez and Ex Machina is a biiiiiig fav.

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 pm
by HairyHood
ArchibaldTuttle wrote:Went with Mad Max, but gotta say that The Love Witch is way up there. Strange one and I know it's a very specific style (and not like the "best" film), but I had so much fun watching it. Shape of Water and honestly a ton of A24 stuff are close calls- The Lobster, Swiss Army Man, Green Room (seeing as the prompt is "favorite"). Oh jeez and Ex Machina is a biiiiiig fav.

I really dug most of the A24 offerings I've seen in the last 3 years, great call. Not sure I'd classify any as the best, but they were certainly among my favorites. For me, the new Blade Runner captured everything I wanted in a movie --- sprawling drymountin' fantastical landscapes, great mysterious story, hint (well, maybe a bit more than a hint) of nostalgia, and it was fun.

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:45 pm
by hunterjax
Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday (I was having blood pressure and heart attack threats while watching the Patriots, ha!)

I'll get the drawing done soon and I will add in RA to make it an even 15 people!

I agree on the A24 stuff . . . I've really liked all (or at least most) of what I've seen from them, just wouldn't put any at the very top of my list.

I tried to overthink it all, but in the end, it's Blade Runner 2049 for me too. It exceeded (by far) any hopes I had for a sequel to probably my favorite movie of all time. It was just a joy to behold.

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:35 pm
by SPAC04
hunterjax wrote:I tried to overthink it all, but in the end, it's Blade Runner 2049 for me too. It exceeded (by far) any hopes I had for a sequel to probably my favorite movie of all time. It was just a joy to behold.


Agree'd, since I've had 2049 in the tray i must amend my choice as well. Fantastic film. Great giveaway Jax, much appreciated!

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:57 pm
by piper27
hunterjax wrote:I tried to overthink it all, but in the end, it's Blade Runner 2049 for me too. It exceeded (by far) any hopes I had for a sequel to probably my favorite movie of all time. It was just a joy to behold.

I agree it couldn't have been done any better. I've been so let down my sequels that just don't hit the bullseye. But this MF movie just blew me away!

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:16 pm
by hunterjax
piper27 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:I tried to overthink it all, but in the end, it's Blade Runner 2049 for me too. It exceeded (by far) any hopes I had for a sequel to probably my favorite movie of all time. It was just a joy to behold.

I agree it couldn't have been done any better. I've been so let down my sequels that just don't hit the bullseye. But this MF movie just blew me away!

It's in the rarefied air of best sequels with Godfather 2 and Empire Strikes Back (which for me both exceed the original films) . . . but I don't think it exceeds BR yet in my pantheon.

Re: 2500 Posts GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:21 pm
by hunterjax
Ok - let's do this and get it done. Below are the three "prizes" you can choose from, so three winners. I'll try to do the picks with one of those random number picking things; your number is the number you added yourself. If you guys can't see the pics below, let me know, it's always weird adding from Google photos here for some reason.

prize one: MINI PRINTS (a Jason Edmiston, a couple of random Tiny Showcase prints, some small Spustas from a sticker pack, and a few extras)

Image

prize two: STOUT PACK (a Palmer Patch and stickers, some random Stout stickers, and the Judge Handbill w/red eyes, probably a few cheapo extras)

Image

prize three: ISE ANAPHADA (sp?) SW: FORCE AWAKENS color version (I'll probably throw in some extras stickers or something with this too)

Image

edit: in case you can't see the pics this should link to a public album I made of the three prize packs: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SHTRbOGsAnuX1gw02