Howdy, Folks. We're back! The 88th annual Academy Awards are Sunday, February 28th.
This is the 5th year of Rotten Oscars and the tradition continues thanks to generous donations from fellow collectors and some nice folks in the print game. As always, this isn't just about the Oscars, it's a celebration of quality movies from all countries and eras, intended to add a little fun to the Academy Awards and the weeks leading up. It was another killer year for movies and a lot of great stuff was nominated. Chris Rock is hosting and I'm looking forward to the festivities.
Note- The site we used in previous years is not hosting Oscars contests this year. I checked other sites and there aren't many suitable free options, but I found one that I think will suffice. The only difference is the tie-breaker. In the event of a tie, the win will go to the person who got their picks in first, so make your picks ASAP and don't tinker for best chances in case of a tie. "In the event of a tie, our site looks at the ballot that was last edited the furthest time ago and gives that ballot priority."Rules
-You get one guess in each of the 24 categories. Each category is worth 1 point and the person with the most points at the end of the show wins.
-You must have 100 posts or at least 1 year on ebeans as of February 28th, 2016.
-You must make your picks on officepoolhub.com
. Follow the instructions below.
-Your Username on officepoolhub must match your EB username.
-To qualify, you must post a picture from an Oscar-winning movie or a picture from any previous Academy Awards show in this thread**You may also post a pic from a non-winning film or actor/actress that you feel was snubbed, but must provide the reason you feel it deserved to win or be nominated.Instructions
1. Sign up at officepoolhub.com
using your EB Username and click the confirmation link they send to your email.
2. Sign in and click on 'Join a Pool'.
Pool ID- 148
3. Click on 'Ballots' and 'Create a Ballot' to make your picks. In the 'Name of Ballot' field enter your EB Username.
4. Post a picture from an Oscar-winning movie or a picture from any previous Academy Awards show in this thread. (see rules for exceptions)PrizesGrand Prize
- The winner, determined by officpoolhub, will get first pick of the prizes. An acceptance speech is required.2nd Prize
- If there is a tie for the top score, the remaining contestants that achieved top scores will be assigned numbers and a runner-up will be chosen via random number generator. They will get second pick of the prizes. If there is not a tie, then anybody that gets a higher score than me will be entered into the drawing. 3rd Prize
- Everybody that beats my score will be entered into a drawing for 3rd pick of the prizes.4th/5th Prize
- Everybody that participates in Rotten Oscars will be assigned a number and the winners gets the remaining prizes.
Prize 1- Generously donated by Kramerica
Jay Ryan Witness! Set with matching numbers. (Inspired by 10-time nominee Mad Max: Fury Road)
Prize 2- Generously donated by binky79
Stacey Aoyama (and Eric Tan) Inside Out. (Nominated for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Screenplay)
Prize 3- Generously donated by DickButt
Sick In The Head signed by Judd Apatow.
Prize 4- Generously donated by Mondo
Martin Ansin The Rocketeer (regular).
Prize 5- Generously donated by director Dave Boyle
Man From Reno Blu-ray. This was one of my favorite movies at Fantastic Fest in 2014. Also on Netflix.
Picks and pics are due by the start of the show on Sunday, February 28th. Let me know if you have any questions. I like a festive thread full of movie talk and pictures of movies and past Oscar shows. This is a celebration, let's keep it positive and have fun! Good luck!!
For the last couple of years I've been writing film criticism for Nerdlocker under the name Salty Winters. My writing is coming along nicely but my social media game is lacking. Please follow me on twitter @saltywinters and read my reviews here
. Thanks for the support!