2015 Rotten Oscars

That's right folks! They're just giving them away! Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Scottjohnston wrote:2 of the best this year! Enjoy man :pint:

Thanks, I'm pumped. I caught Whiplash 3 times in theaters, but I've only seen Big Hero 6 once. Can't wait to check out the special features/commentary.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Jon1701 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:44 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Whiplash and Big Hero 6 Blu-rays arrived today. 'Bout to jump in :clap:

Need to pickup the former, wanna see this short film the flick is based on.
Jon1701
Art Expert

“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”

Postby beetlejuice on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:12 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Whiplash and Big Hero 6 Blu-rays arrived today. 'Bout to jump in :clap:

Yep, just opened up both of mine as well.

Was disappointed that I didn't see the Target Steelbook in time but oh well.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Go ahead, make my millennium.

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Jon1701 wrote:

It's an interesting watch. Really makes you appreciate Miles Teller. They wanted him for the short but he was unavailable, so they used Johnny Simmons. Luckily, Miles was available for the feature.

Here's an interview that goes into detail about it:

http://schmoesknow.com/damien-chazelle- ... ive/30571/
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Jon1701 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:52 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
Jon1701 wrote:

It's an interesting watch. Really makes you appreciate Miles Teller. They wanted him for the short but he was unavailable, so they used Johnny Simmons. Luckily, Miles was available for the feature.

Can't say i've ever clicked with Teller in a role before this one. But he has my appreciation now. Will likely pick up the blu soon.

Also...super service sir! Was a pleasure to participate and superb of you to set this all up again. My reading before bed tonight is all set!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (225.36 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
Jon1701
Art Expert

“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”

Postby Noah0189 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:52 am

I just finished Whiplash. It was alright.
Noah0189
Art Expert

acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.

Postby middayshadows on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:15 am

Jon1701 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
Jon1701 wrote:

Can't say i've ever clicked with Teller in a role before this one. But he has my appreciation now. Will likely pick up the blu soon.

Also...super service sir! Was a pleasure to participate and superb of you to set this all up again. My reading before bed tonight is all set!

:clap:
middayshadows
Art Expert

Image Image Image Image

Postby RottenAtom on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:37 am

Jon1701 wrote:Can't say i've ever clicked with Teller in a role before this one. But he has my appreciation now. Will likely pick up the blu soon.

I thought he was great in The Spectacular Now.

Enjoy the book! I love that thing. Well-crafted (thing has some weight to it) and full of cool art. I like the fold-out pages.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Jon1701 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:55 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
Jon1701 wrote:Can't say i've ever clicked with Teller in a role before this one. But he has my appreciation now. Will likely pick up the blu soon.

I thought he was great in The Spectacular Now.

Enjoy the book! I love that thing. Well-crafted (thing has some weight to it) and full of cool art. I like the fold-out pages.

I thought he was good, but something about that film was just unlikeable to me. And yep, superbly put together book!
Jon1701
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:02 pm

The 2016 thread is up! :pint:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=164511

Note- The site we used in previous years is not hosting Oscars contests this year. I checked other sites and there aren't many suitable free options, but I found one that I think will suffice. The only difference is the tie-breaker. In the event of a tie, the win will go to the person who got their picks in first, so make your picks ASAP and don't tinker for best chances in case of a tie. "In the event of a tie, our site looks at the ballot that was last edited the furthest time ago and gives that ballot priority."
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:01 pm

I'll post the 2017 thread on Sunday. Cutoff for donations is Friday. Hit me up if you have something cool to giveaway. Thanks :pint:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Previous

Return to Print Giveaways