pay it forward giveaway

That's right folks! They're just giving them away! Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby OtomoChaser on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:11 pm

ToonKiller wrote:You knew they were sub par prints when you added your name to the list. Must be rough having no family or friends who enough about your kitten to take 5 minutes to ship a tube for you.

I'm not even on the list but always thought this was a cool idea for the community. But of course there is always that douche who wants to join in.

C'mon, man - simmer down. There is no excuse for calling people kittens and trying to start a fight - or at least if there is any justification ( which there really isn't) then the name-calling should be left to the people who are actually involved in the giveaway and have a reason to be mad.
By your own admission, that doesn't include you.

ConstantStruggle dropped the ball badly, but he's been respectful in his words and he's gonna rectify things forthwith. He came to this thread the second he got my message and apologized and is making things right. That is not the actions of a douche or a kitten.

Is it highly annoying that the tube has been so badly delayed? drymount yeah. Is it highly regrettable and does he regret it? Absolutely. Is he gonna fix the situation with the quickness? I'd stake my rep on it, he's a good friend of mine and he will make it right.

So, with the utmost respect to you, toonkiller, as well as anybody else who is upset , please let's not get abusive or angrier than is necessary and instead let's give him one more chance to straighten fudge out.
If he drymounts up again, then i'll fix things personally and get the giveaway rolling again, whatever it takes. You have my word, and my word is good.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Image VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ

Postby 1nkling on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:58 pm

I had completely and utterly forgotten about the thread until I saw something similar the other day and bumped it. I'm sure others had too.

People do forget things and move on. I have a shelf with a dozen or so orders from my store over the last four years that have been returned in the post. I've emailed the customers every so often to see if they still want them and not heard anything back. They'd spent actual money on these things. Stuff happens, things slip to a dusty corner and get put off.

ConstantStruggle has come back and responded which puts him a lot higher in my estimation than whoever has the previous two tubes. The name calling is unecessary, particularly if people aren't even involved. Lets put down the pitchforks and give him the chance to prove by his actions that he's honourable.
1nkling
Site Admin

Postby ConstantStruggle on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:40 pm

Thanks to you both, especially Otomo, he's good people.

I've already talked to the next receipient and the tubes going out to him this week.

No hard feelings to Toon, cheeto dust burns when it gets in your eyes. :P
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Image burritos > Life

Postby Codeblue on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Luls. Glad I checked in on this fudge.

P.S. Who the fug still posts with the word filter on? #straightnubstatus

P.P.S. Can a mod please rename this thread to #redhotgarbage giveaway?
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby ConstantStruggle on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:45 pm

I love word filters, they always make me lol.

There's one cool piece in here that I'm actually leaving but yeah the rest is kind of awful.
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Image burritos > Life

Postby ToonKiller on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:00 pm

I have my word filter turned off and actually typed kitten, makes me laugh every time. :ziggi:
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Don't you drymounting dare blue. Redhotgarbage is my fudge

Pretty happy I checked this thread too :lol:
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby electrachrome on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:17 am

ConstantStruggle wrote:There's one cool piece in here that I'm actually leaving but yeah the rest is kind of awful.

Sooooo sorry it wasn't packed full of Horkey, Emek or Sperry rarities. I put together what I thought would be an interesting and eclectic selection of posters and prints that were interesting and varied. Thanks for shitting all over my obviously weak attempt at generosity, douche.
electrachrome
EB Team

Postby ConstantStruggle on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:44 am

electrachrome wrote:
ConstantStruggle wrote:There's one cool piece in here that I'm actually leaving but yeah the rest is kind of awful.

Sooooo sorry it wasn't packed full of Horkey, Emek or Sperry rarities. I put together what I thought would be an interesting and eclectic selection of posters and prints that were interesting and varied. Thanks for shitting all over my obviously weak attempt at generosity, douche.

Hahahaha, oh man I'm honestly sorry I was really joking and it didn't come across like that at all. I was more trying to be snide to codeblue. The only thing I really remember being in there was cool and like I said I am actually leaving it.

I didn't know they all came from one person, did I receive it from you?
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Image burritos > Life

Postby Codeblue on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:50 am

Luls.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby electrachrome on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:39 am

ConstantStruggle wrote:I didn't know they all came from one person, did I receive it from you?

no idea what's still in there from when I mailed it 11 months ago. I think it only hit 3 people before you got it.
electrachrome wrote:Image
Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:03 pm
REBOOT TUBE is in the mail. Watch for the Fox.

electrachrome wrote:since it's gone through a couple hands since I mailed reboot tube #3 (RT3), I'm posting a pic of what was in it to start.
Uncle Charlie - EB series print
David D'Andrea - Grails
Adam Thurman - Joe Strummer
Jeff Wood - Tiger
Dan Grzeca - Urban Corvus
Matt Dye - Millenium Falcon
Sonnenzimmer - meno mena
Fred Hosman - Black Hundreds

electrachrome
EB Team

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:54 am

Everything I've seen in there has been more than fair for a free tube/print, the purpose isn't to get a freaking expensive print, it's to "let the tube travel the globe, dude"
Open it up, see if there's something that appeals to your eye, take it and add to it. If not, pass it along, no big deal or no huge expectations.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby electrachrome on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:47 pm

update?
electrachrome
EB Team

Postby glenn1 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls.
glenn1
Art Expert

Postby ConstantStruggle on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:26 pm

electrachrome wrote:update?

The next person in line was out of town until the weekend so it was sent out two days ago.
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Image burritos > Life

PreviousNext

Return to Print Giveaways