pay it forward giveaway

That's right folks! They're just giving them away! Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby secondratehero on Sat May 18, 2013 10:39 am

Ok here goes another mystery tube give away, only this one comes with a twist. Rules are simple anyone can enter, but you have to promise one thing upon entry. That you can only take one print out of the mystery tube then you must replace that print with a print you won't miss/frame and run another mystery tube giveaway with the same rules.

Got a nice tube packed with 4-5 random prints ready to go maybe its something you've been looking for maybe all of them you like but remember you can only take one and replace it and then pass it along. Who knows you can always enter again and hopefully that print you wanted is still in there.

Lets see how many places this tube will make it to. Just remember this is a good faith giveaway and you must follow the one print taken and replaced rule then pass it along. Random number generator to start you can get more creative if you like for your giveaway
secondratehero
Art Connoisseur

Postby trarex on Sat May 18, 2013 11:07 am

Been done before.
The everlasting print giveaway.
Maybe it will live again .
trarex
Art Expert

"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak

Postby finneganm on Sat May 18, 2013 11:11 am

I think this could be fun.
finneganm
Art Freak

That's what she said

Postby electrachrome on Sat May 18, 2013 11:21 am

trarex wrote:Been done before.

yup, it can be fun though. you might want to set a value range for the prints in the tube (say $20 - $40 original retail).
you might want to also mix it up with a good gig poster (popular artist or band) and an art print or two (there is almost always the ubiquitous McCarthy in there). be aware that shipping a 4" Yazoo w/5 posters/prints in it can run between $15 - $25 depending how far it's going (assuming USPS Priority). you can send parcel post to keep it cheeper, but collectively, we have seen how banged up those tubes can get.

this sort of thing can be fun for new collectors. be sure to pack the tube carefully, don't add handbills and flyer to the prints already in there (they tend to do more damage than just just keeping it to 5 prints). In the past, each recipient has added a sticker to the tube before mailing it along.

good luck
electrachrome
EB Team

Postby flashphishin on Sat May 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Yeah. This one went round for a bit. Always a slacker gets in the mix but can be fun.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=84249&hilit=doodle
flashphishin
Art Expert

Limited Paper Mayne
thebends9 wrote:You fruitcakes need thicker skin.

Postby soam24 on Sat May 18, 2013 8:17 pm

count me in.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby summoner on Sat May 18, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm in.
summoner
Art Freak

Image Image Image

Postby Ctg9095 on Sat May 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Definitely interested myself :D
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Postby dasponyboy on Sat May 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Ctg9095 wrote:Definitely interested myself :D
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Postby hype on Sat May 18, 2013 8:32 pm

im down for this, sounds like a pretty cool idea!

i have a few other small things i can throw in there along with the print as well...

just curious, what happened with the last one? was someone a douche and eventually kept everything without passing on or another reason?

it's too bad shipping costs so much these days but i agree we'd have to go with usps because i'm still relatively new to the level most are at on here and i've seen more then my share of damage through parcel...

another idea to add a whole different layer to this would be maybe adding a music mix and just wrapping the cd in part of the packaging.. we could just send an individual mix and the next person takes that one makes a new one.. or the first person buy a cheap 5$ (or if you're like most, might already have a couple extras laying around) thumb drive and each person just adds there mix onto it and takes any previous mixes they want while the next in line does the same...

idk how many people would enjoy that as well but im always curious to see other peoples music tastes no matter the genre.. either way im down to be a part of this!
hype
Art Enthusiast

Postby erelevance on Sat May 18, 2013 8:39 pm

hype wrote:im down for this, sounds like a pretty cool idea!

i have a few other small things i can throw in there along with the print as well...

just curious, what happened with the last one? was someone a douche and eventually kept everything without passing on or another reason?

it's too bad shipping costs so much these days but i agree we'd have to go with usps because i'm still relatively new to the level most are at on here and i've seen more then my share of damage through parcel...

another idea to add a whole different layer to this would be maybe adding a music mix and just wrapping the cd in part of the packaging.. we could just send an individual mix and the next person takes that one makes a new one.. or the first person buy a cheap 5$ (or if you're like most, might already have a couple extras laying around) thumb drive and each person just adds there mix onto it and takes any previous mixes they want while the next in line does the same...

idk how many people would enjoy that as well but im always curious to see other peoples music tastes no matter the genre.. either way im down to be a part of this!

Haha man both of these ideas are cool, the music mix thing would be pretty crazy imagine the diversity after a few people added new stuff, it'd be a good way to expose a lot of legit indie artists too, it's unfortunate that so much great music goes under the radar when it deserves true respect. Great idea hype!
erelevance
Art Enthusiast

Postby jkw3000 on Sat May 18, 2013 8:42 pm

As long as this is in the first batch...
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby 1nkling on Sat May 18, 2013 8:43 pm

I'd be up for being involved in this if anyone were game for shipping over the pond. Maybe could have a couple of rounds over here before sending it back over.

The thumb drive idea is fun too.
1nkling
Site Admin

Postby yaboyderrty on Sat May 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Such a cool idea and sounds really fun. I'm in!!
yaboyderrty
Art Connoisseur

Postby RambosRemodeler on Sat May 18, 2013 8:47 pm

TheEhTeam wrote:
erelevance wrote:
hype wrote:im down for this, sounds like a pretty cool idea!

Haha man both of these ideas are cool, the music mix thing would be pretty crazy imagine the diversity after a few people added new stuff, it'd be a good way to expose a lot of legit indie artists too, it's unfortunate that so much great music goes under the radar when it deserves true respect. Great idea hype!

+1 i am in on both counts

I am too. This could be a lot of fun. I like the idea of it making a few rounds in Europe too.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Next

Return to Print Giveaways