Death Metal... all metal really...

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby roydamnit on Fri May 04, 2012 12:54 am

Cragars wrote:wth happened to Cryptopsy? Maybe I'm scared of change but damn..

Anybody hear the new album?
roydamnit
Art Connoisseur

Postby antiyou on Mon May 14, 2012 2:07 pm

roydamnit wrote:
Cragars wrote:wth happened to Cryptopsy? Maybe I'm scared of change but damn..

Anybody hear the new album?

To the OP, I laughed my way through half the Morbid Angel then deleted it. RIP Morbid Angel.

Cryptopsy has been joined again by Jon Levasseur (sp?) on guitar. He was in the band from Blasphemy... until just before Lord Worm re-joined for Once Was Not. I expect the next album to be leagues above the last record (although I have some guilty pleasures on that one).

I haven't heard anything awesome since the beginning of the year. I've been underwhelmed by everything except the new Spawn of Possession. It's too extreme for most though. As usual, I've put the new Meshuggah album on the shelf not to be revisited. Gojira is the next one I am anticipating, If you haven't heard it, here is a track that was supposed to be on the EP for the whale terrorists. It features Devin Townsend (SYL is the best band that ever existed) on vocals and Frederick Thorendhal on guitar.

http://youtu.be/yBB5W2nQ8Ms
antiyou
Art Expert

Won't be in a position to sell for a few months. Not likely before end of May 2014 please don't pm and ask.

Postby MooreSaxPlease on Mon May 14, 2012 3:16 pm

From back in 2003, All Shall Perish from Oakland, Ca. Got to see these dudes when my
friends band opened for them at the now closed Showcase in Corona, Ca.

I miss Showcase!

Cheers.

[url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdU-WZVL ... ata_player[/url]
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Postby shivashakti on Tue May 15, 2012 12:25 pm

shivashakti
Art Connoisseur

Postby qotsa909 on Tue May 15, 2012 1:42 pm

yep, lord mantis is amazing

and i'm really digging this too- bit of a modern enslaved vibe but a bit trippier:

qotsa909
Art Connoisseur

Postby antiyou on Wed May 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Kramerica wrote:I'm really looking forward to the new Gojira album. Koloss by Meshuggah has also found lots of play time since it's release. Gorod's new one A Perfect Absolution is also good.

Missed this earlier, Gorod's new one is pretty awesome. I've been looking everywhere for it. Can't remember when it is released in the US. I hear they actually have North American distribution this time. Hope it works for them, they deserve a career when fudge like Rockstar Energy Drink tour is happening. On a similar note, anyone ever hear of Anata?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAPcF6xG390&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIueKHJE1GM

The Conductor's Departure has become one of my desert island discs over the last 3 years. I recommend that even you doomy guys check this out. There is lots of thrash, death and crowbar-ish/phsyhodelic melody going on in this band. All of their albums are top notch but the last one is really the culmination of an incredible career and deserves to be recognized. I can't recommend this album highly enough. In a way, I hope they come back with a new record (one was supposedly recorded) but if they go out on this album, it would be a legacy that few could match.
antiyou
Art Expert

Won't be in a position to sell for a few months. Not likely before end of May 2014 please don't pm and ask.

Postby Jesusmalverde on Wed May 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Dragon Force !! Anyone ??
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Postby skinkrawl on Mon May 21, 2012 1:47 am

antiyou wrote:To the OP, I laughed my way through half the Morbid Angel then deleted it. RIP Morbid Angel.

I loved that Morbid Angel album. Not the music, that sucked, but it gave us that Hitler video. Whenever I get down, I watch that.

I've also given up on most bands I grew up with putting out good new material. Most have moved on from their sound, and I can't get into the newer bands that are out.
skinkrawl
Art Connoisseur

Postby roydamnit on Mon May 21, 2012 2:31 am

MooreSaxPlease wrote:I miss Showcase!

AMEN, my first show was Morbid Angel, At The Gates and Dissection at the Showcase in Corona....

I'd kill for that bootleg.
roydamnit
Art Connoisseur

Postby antiyou on Wed May 30, 2012 4:09 pm

If I haven't mentioned it yet, Jeff Loomis' new album is pretty killer. Marty Friedman and Chris Poland (both ex-Megadeth) are on it, but the track that blows me away is the one he does with Ihsahn from Emperor. I hated Nevermore for their entire career as I cannot stomach power metal or heavy metal or whatever you want to call metal with high vocals.
Keep in mind, this is a guitar album first and foremost. Jeff Loomis is an unbelievable guitarist and it has all the hallmarks of an instrumental shred album. There are about 4 tracks with vocals (many of them female) which breaks up the monotany of an instrumetal album. However, even the instrumental tracks aren't as boring as I find many virtuoso recordings.

Here is the Ihsahn track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alM-WFU0E_I

Apparently Ihsahn reciprocated the offer and Loomis will have a solo on the forthcoming Ihsahn album. I wish these 2 would do a full record together.
antiyou
Art Expert

Postby Bersan on Thu May 31, 2012 5:04 am

Just came across this book online : Metal & Hardcore Graphics - Extreme artwork from the underground by Cristian Campos. It covers albumartwork, logos, t-shirts and .....posters.
Anyone read it? I'm thinking about ordering it.
I found this youtube clip, looks nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRmo36bo1Qw
Bersan
Art Connoisseur

Postby antiyou on Thu May 31, 2012 1:36 pm

As if someone was listening to me, here is the new Ihsahn song feat. Devin Townsend:

http://www.guitarworld.com/ihsahn-introspection

The dude from The Shining is on this album too so look forward to more Black Metal Saxophone! :twisted:
antiyou
Art Expert

Postby Kramerica on Thu May 31, 2012 1:38 pm

When does Eremita come out?
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby antiyou on Thu May 31, 2012 2:58 pm

Kramerica wrote:When does Eremita come out?

Can't remember, read GW article.
antiyou
Art Expert

Postby antiyou on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:15 pm

New Releases this and next month that I am looking forward to:

6/5/2012 Fear Factory The Industrialist
6/19/2012 Devin Townsend Project By A Thread - Live in London 2011
6/19/2012 Ihsahn Eremita
6/26/2012 Gojira L'Enfant Sauvage / The Flesh Alive
7/3/2012 Nile At The Gate Of Sethu
7/31/2012 Testament Dark Roots of Earth
8/14/2012 Ephel Duath On Death and Cosmos
antiyou
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Music