The Grateful Thread...

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby rikkirattoe on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:00 am

gordo55 wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:
Greatplainsman wrote:Sweet DeadCo print tonite


It says 12/5/17 :shock:


Last three shows of Fall Tour were rescheduled when JM was ill...prolly opted to go with original prints...


Good decision. Love that print
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Postby jojobadass on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:09 am

yeah, great decision to be cheap and not print new posters w/ the changed dates
User avatar
jojobadass
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 19924
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 12:00 am
Location: chick-fila
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

and for everything else under the sun; including fine art, art prints, toys and other junk....be sure to check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosfineart.com

Postby Rick_a_c on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:18 am

jojobadass wrote:yeah, great decision to be cheap and not print new posters w/ the changed dates


It now becomes more valuable because the poster and actual show dates don't match :shock:
User avatar
Rick_a_c
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9547
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.

Postby kansasbbq on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:56 pm

It's not an 'error' baseball card. :P
kansasbbq
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 16719
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby earlgreytoast on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:15 pm

Phil and Bobby sounding fantastic at radio city right now. Acoustic first set, just the 2 of them onstage. Electric second set.

http://mixlr.com/floatilla19
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7969
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Postby bryndavies on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:16 pm

Very nice.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9811
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier
ImageT.K.C.

Postby applehead on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Trey coming out tonight to play along. Should be fun. Gonna stream it after the movies.
applehead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2050
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Postby hayward96 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:43 pm

Anyone have any info on the CID poster for NY?
User avatar
hayward96
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:28 pm

Postby kansasbbq on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:01 am

applehead wrote:Trey coming out tonight to play along.

Sweet!
kansasbbq
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 16719
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby earlgreytoast on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:46 pm



Pretty special stuff right here. :heart:
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7969
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Postby bryndavies on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Very nice. The first 2-3 songs sounded a little rough around the edges, but pretty damn good all things considered there wasn’t really time to practice and polish it all out. And you just can’t beat a trey saint Stephen.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9811
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier
ImageT.K.C.

Postby electrachrome on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:25 am

Hittin the Bobby & Phil show tonight in Boston. John Mayer sittin in on these gigs.

here's a nice lil nugget of proto-dead for y'all

https://archive.org/details/gd1968-01-2 ... eok.flac16
User avatar
electrachrome
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17561
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Postby FroDawg on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Man, time flies. 28 years ago today, the boys played an outstanding show in celebration of Phil's 50th birthday. Hard to believe, I was the same age then as my daughter is now (mid-30something). In spite of the Cap Centre gestapo, it was a great night. Lots of speculation they would play The Beatles 'Birthday' but they surprised us with a 'Revolution' (which sounds a bit fitting in today's world!). The "we want Phil" chant leading into Dylan's 'Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues' was classic and China>Rider to start the second set was perfect. The show became the Terrapin Station box set. Fun times indeed...

https://archive.org/details/gd1990-03-15.28293.sbeok.shnf/gd1990-03-15d2t07.shn
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4006
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."

Postby rikkirattoe on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:20 pm

electrachrome wrote:Hittin the Bobby & Phil show tonight in Boston. John Mayer sittin in on these gigs.

here's a nice lil nugget of proto-dead for y'all

https://archive.org/details/gd1968-01-2 ... eok.flac16


Did Mayer end up joining them in Boston? Wow, can't believe I missed that.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Postby gordo55 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:00 pm

FroDawg wrote:Man, time flies. 28 years ago today, the boys played an outstanding show in celebration of Phil's 50th birthday. Hard to believe, I was the same age then as my daughter is now (mid-30something). In spite of the Cap Centre gestapo, it was a great night. Lots of speculation they would play The Beatles 'Birthday' but they surprised us with a 'Revolution' (which sounds a bit fitting in today's world!). The "we want Phil" chant leading into Dylan's 'Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues' was classic and China>Rider to start the second set was perfect. The show became the Terrapin Station box set. Fun times indeed...

https://archive.org/details/gd1990-03-15.28293.sbeok.shnf/gd1990-03-15d2t07.shn


being there... :-D
it was a fun night with grate friends...or was it a grate night with fun friends??!?!?
User avatar
gordo55
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Copperhead Hill
Image Imagex7

PreviousNext

Return to Music



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests