RSD 2018

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby mafurman on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:59 am

I was mainly hoping to get Melvin Sparks - Texas Twister and the Grant Green releases.

I am a sucker. Unfortunately, I couldn't get those, but ended up with this haul of stuff:

Phish - Billy Breathes
Monk - Monk
Wu-Tang - Instrumental EP
Dylan and the Dead
Pink Floyd - Piper mono
The Doors - Matrix 2
Hudson
Jazz Dispensary (didn't know about this, but the artwork was rad and said pressed from Analog tapes and had some cool cats like Sparks and Idris Muhammad - so picked it up.

Edgar - I picked up an extra Billy Breathes that I would trade. Let me know what you have from past years.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Postby tourist504 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:10 am

This is my keeper list. Apparently some of the releases were cancelled. The Bird and the Bee specifically, but also The Black Panther Soundtrack and a few other releases of note have been removed from the official RSD list. What gives?

Anyway, here's what I'm after:

Air – Sexy Boy 12”
Arcade Fire – EP /3000
The B-52’s – Rock n’ Rockets Live 2x12” /1200
The Bird & Bee – Interpreting the Masters Vol 1 Hall & Oates 12” (cancelled???)
Miles Davis – Rubberband 12” /2300
The Kinks – Phobia 2x12” /2000
Phish – Billy Breathes /7500
Prince – 1999 12” /5300
Rage Against the Machine – Live at the DNC 12” /5000
The Rolling Stones – Their Satanic Majesties Request /3500
Adam Sandler – They’re All Gonna Laugh At You 2x12” /3000
Soundgarden – A-Sides 2x12” /5000
Bruce Springsteen – Greatest Hits 2x12” /5000
Various – Gary Crowley’s Punk and New Wave 2x12”
Frank Wilson – “Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)” 7” (cool story attached to this one)
tourist504
Art Expert

maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.

BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.

jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.

Imagex6

Postby Philpenn on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:18 am

^^ That Bird and the Bee album already exists so you can most likely find it elsewhere.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby edgar on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:27 am

mafurman wrote:I was mainly hoping to get Melvin Sparks - Texas Twister and the Grant Green releases.

I am a sucker. Unfortunately, I couldn't get those, but ended up with this haul of stuff:

Phish - Billy Breathes
Monk - Monk
Wu-Tang - Instrumental EP
Dylan and the Dead
Pink Floyd - Piper mono
The Doors - Matrix 2
Hudson
Jazz Dispensary (didn't know about this, but the artwork was rad and said pressed from Analog tapes and had some cool cats like Sparks and Idris Muhammad - so picked it up.

Edgar - I picked up an extra Billy Breathes that I would trade. Let me know what you have from past years.

Sweeeet!!!!

Best news so far today. Thank you !!
I have a bunch...not at home at the moment but off the top of my head I have:

All are sealed and have been stored properly in a climate controlled setting.

Lawn Boy RSD
Rift Black vinyl
GD collection (need to check title)
(I feel like there’s at least one more phish title I have extra copy of but I’m blanking atm)
Deftones
Portugal the man Coachella exclusive
The doors
Sublime 7”
Ben Harper
DMB live trax (black and colored) multiple editions...

Lots more. Will update later/ASAP.
edgar
Art Expert

Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!

Postby tourist504 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Philpenn wrote:^^ That Bird and the Bee album already exists so you can most likely find it elsewhere.

$$$ on vinyl. I have the CD (which is plenty, TBH), but you know - collecting and all...
tourist504
Art Expert

BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.

Imagex6

Postby tourist504 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Philpenn wrote:^^ That Bird and the Bee album already exists so you can most likely find it elsewhere.

$$$ on vinyl. I have the CD (which is plenty, TBH), but you know - collecting and all...
tourist504
Art Expert

Imagex6

Postby edgar on Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 am

The sublime record is a 10” disc...
edgar
Art Expert

Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!

Postby leary411 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:11 am

Missed out on the bleachers from the two stores near me ... if anyone nabbed one they don't need let me know :)
leary411
Art Expert

T.K.C.

Postby Philpenn on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:23 am

tourist504 wrote:

Just looked it up, had no idea. Snagged it off the wall for $7 when I lived in Philly.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby gonzo303 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Don’t know if anything is in here

https://www.bengans.com/en/artiklar/cam ... index.html
gonzo303
Art Freak

Same fudge, different drop.

Postby smellmysocks73 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:25 am

On the prowl for the Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds release. If anyone sees one avail, please hit me up - thanks!

https://www.noelgallagher.com/news/record-store-day-1
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".

Postby mafurman on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:14 am

I was pretty cynical about Record Store Day heading into this past weekend. I was thrilled to get hooked up with some stuff I wanted early, but I really thought the whole thing was a big cash-grab with limited value to music fans and collectors. That said, I am really happy to say that the quality of releases this year seems really stellar. I have only listened to a few with many others on the way, but a lot of people are making glowing statements about a wide range of releases.

I was thrilled to listen to the Jazz Dispensary release last night. It sounds fantastic and there are some really cool cuts. All recorded by Rudy Van Gelder and packaged really nicely.

I personally didn't love the sound of Billy Breathes, but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

People are raving about the Grant Green releases and I can't wait to get Slick! in the mail. I also have the Melvin Sparks record on the way, which I am psyched about because original copies are around $100.

I have heard great things about the Allmans live set, the Jeff Buckley set, the Tim Buckley live recording, the Wilco release, the Nas...the list really goes on. Kudos to the labels for making it about the music and high quality sound this year.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Postby morecoffee on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:23 pm

418459209529_360_edited.jpg
418459209529_360_edited.jpg (126.88 KiB) Viewed 865 times
morecoffee
Art Expert

Postby ldiddy on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:29 am

Here's what I have left, would love to work out a trade for other vinyl, as a package, or for prints for some of these

AC/DC Back in Black Tape
The Cure Mixed Up Torn Down
Mac DeMarco/Shamir
Blitzen Trapper Kids Album
David Bowie Self Titled
Dr. Octagon Moosebumps
Phoenix Monologue
Air Sexy Boy
J Dilla Rough Draft
ldiddy
Art Expert

Postby rikkirattoe on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:42 am

mafurman wrote:I was pretty cynical about Record Store Day heading into this past weekend. I was thrilled to get hooked up with some stuff I wanted early, but I really thought the whole thing was a big cash-grab with limited value to music fans and collectors. That said, I am really happy to say that the quality of releases this year seems really stellar. I have only listened to a few with many others on the way, but a lot of people are making glowing statements about a wide range of releases.

I was thrilled to listen to the Jazz Dispensary release last night. It sounds fantastic and there are some really cool cuts. All recorded by Rudy Van Gelder and packaged really nicely.

I personally didn't love the sound of Billy Breathes, but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

People are raving about the Grant Green releases and I can't wait to get Slick! in the mail. I also have the Melvin Sparks record on the way, which I am psyched about because original copies are around $100.

I have heard great things about the Allmans live set, the Jeff Buckley set, the Tim Buckley live recording, the Wilco release, the Nas...the list really goes on. Kudos to the labels for making it about the music and high quality sound this year.

Value depends on if they're offering what you want. I was thrilled to get Billy Breathes on vinyl for the first time ever.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Music