Phish 2018

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby soupysound on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 am

if anyone wants me to submit a PTBM lottery request for shows.... lemme know. had an EBer put in (and hit) for me in the MSG NYE lottery so passing along the favor.

only ones i can't put in for are:

TAHOE N1
SF N1/2
DICKS N1/2/3
User avatar
soupysound
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3368
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm
Image

Postby bryndavies on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:26 pm

SF here I come.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9811
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier
ImageT.K.C.

Postby mike123230 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:07 pm

dmm8878 wrote:A Live One is a fantastic gateway drug. As is any show from the Baker's Dozen. What a band.


Agreed. It was mine 20+ years ago...
User avatar
mike123230
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5562
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby DoubleDown on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 am

Getting pretty pumped to visit the Gorge finally. So glad those dates panned out.
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Postby cgriff on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:04 pm

63schoeffling wrote:^ True. Just go listen to the 12/31/99 Big Cypress show and call it a day, ha.

It is wild listening to those '90s shows. Sounds like a totally different band especially since that was way before my time of hearing them live.


Seriously do your self a favor and check out Foam from 8/13/93

Treys solo is beyond on point

Seeing him in April at Iron city in Birmingham. 1,100 capacity should be a great night
User avatar
cgriff
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:55 am
Location: Alabama

Postby soam24 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Lotto put in. Boomshakalaka
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12261
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards
Image

Postby dmm8878 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 am

I put I for Tahoe for other family members. This will be only the second summer tour I've completey missed, after summer 03. Started seeing shows in summer 94. Feels weird, but I wanted to be in Ireland for my 40th. Que sera, sera.
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.

Postby kansasbbq on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:53 am

Other than Dick's and BGCA, what shows do people think will sell out/be a tough ticket?
kansasbbq
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 16750
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby applehead on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:55 pm

kansasbbq wrote:Other than Dick's and BGCA, what shows do people think will sell out/be a tough ticket?


None, bgca hasnt been a tough ticket any of the psast years they have pllayed there. Full 21 date summer tour this year with huge east coast outdoor amphitheaters = all face or less if you play it right.
applehead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Postby Rick_a_c on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:50 pm

applehead wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:Other than Dick's and BGCA, what shows do people think will sell out/be a tough ticket?


None, bgca hasnt been a tough ticket any of the psast years they have pllayed there. Full 21 date summer tour this year with huge east coast outdoor amphitheaters = all face or less if you play it right.


... and price is now up to $80 (not that the price is keeping me away, but price increase often translates to decreased demand)
User avatar
Rick_a_c
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9557
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.

Postby applehead on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
applehead wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:Other than Dick's and BGCA, what shows do people think will sell out/be a tough ticket?


None, bgca hasnt been a tough ticket any of the psast years they have pllayed there. Full 21 date summer tour this year with huge east coast outdoor amphitheaters = all face or less if you play it right.


... and price is now up to $80 (not that the price is keeping me away, but price increase often translates to decreased demand)


100% agree. Biggest price jump in a long time, at least for 3.0. Dicks floors are 85. 100 after fees. and a full west coast leg, so we wont see what we saw last summer, for sure.
applehead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Postby kansasbbq on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Any 'holds' yet?
kansasbbq
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 16750
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby jlabbate on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Dr. Jack McConnell (1925-2018). The world has lost a brilliant physician, a talented entertainer, a noted philanthropist, loving family man and an all-around great guy.

Jack performed with the band on multiple occasions, always featuring his signature song "Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home?". You can watch his last (and what he considered his finest) performance with Phish from 2010 in N. Charleston at http://phish.com/video/101510-n-charleston-sc/. He loved meeting and interacting with all the fans and singing with the band was one of the great joys of his life.

Contributions in his memory can be directed to volunteersinmedicine.org, an organization he started that helps provide health care to underserved populations all across the country.
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 15910
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby soam24 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:57 pm

jlabbate wrote:Dr. Jack McConnell (1925-2018). The world has lost a brilliant physician, a talented entertainer, a noted philanthropist, loving family man and an all-around great guy.

Jack performed with the band on multiple occasions, always featuring his signature song "Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home?". You can watch his last (and what he considered his finest) performance with Phish from 2010 in N. Charleston at http://phish.com/video/101510-n-charleston-sc/. He loved meeting and interacting with all the fans and singing with the band was one of the great joys of his life.

Contributions in his memory can be directed to volunteersinmedicine.org, an organization he started that helps provide health care to underserved populations all across the country.



Saw this at spac 04. RIP
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12261
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards
Image

Postby applehead on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Got what I put in for. Good luck all!
applehead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Music



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest