Going to concerts in 2018? What are you seeing?

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby ArchibaldTuttle on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Silvi716 wrote:Steve Martin and Steep Canyon Rangers

They're an absolute joy to see live.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Postby anonymouse on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:06 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Just got to Prudential Center for Lana Del Rey! My queen. :heart: :heart:

Saw her at Outside Lands in 2016 - not the world's biggest LDR fan but she was up against Lionel Richie so it was an easy call :D For one of her last songs she let the band jam while she walked the length of the rail and let literally every fan that wanted to take a selfie, hug her etc. do so. I've never seen anything like it.
anonymouse
Art Connoisseur

Postby sez752 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:18 pm

sez752 wrote:So far I have tickets for The Killers, K Flay, Datsik, and Franz Ferdinand

Add David Byrne and Jack White to the list.
sez752
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby wottagunn on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:58 pm

Saw Godspeed on Monday night. So drymounting good. Maybe even better than the first time I saw them, which is quite a feat.
They closed on Moya and East Hastings. I've been thinking about it since I walked out. Didn't want it to end.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby mfaith on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:27 pm

wottagunn wrote:Saw Godspeed on Monday night. So drymounting good. Maybe even better than the first time I saw them, which is quite a feat.
They closed on Moya and East Hastings. I've been thinking about it since I walked out. Didn't want it to end.

I'm so envious :(
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby kansasbbq on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:36 pm

For those planning to hit a JACK WHITE show:

Former leader of The White Stripes, Jack White, is going on tour a month after his forthcoming album release of, Boarding House Ranch. But if you were planning on going to the show and wanted to relive the experience over and over again through your smart phone, chances are you may just have your work cut out for you. White released in a press statement earlier today that all cellphones, cameras or recording devices will not be allowed at his shows in lieu of a “100% human experience.” The statement provided by the 42-year-old rocker from Detroit, Mich., reads:

Upon arrival at the venue, all phones and other photo or video-capturing gizmos will be secured in a Yondr pouch that will be unlocked at the end of the show. You keep your pouch-secured phone on you during the show and, if needed, can unlock your phone at any time in a designated Yondr Phone Zone located in the lobby or concourse.

For those looking to do some social media postings, let us help you with that. Our official tour photographer will be posting photos and videos after the show at jackwhiteiii.com and the new Jack White Live Instagram account @officialjackwhitelive. Repost our photos & videos as much as you want and enjoy a phone-free, 100% human experience.

Fans are having mixed reaction to the news. Although some agree with White that the technology takes away from the human experience, others don’t appreciate the artists telling them how to enjoy the show. White however, seems to think that cellphones take away a critical part of his performance. White told Rolling Stone in a 2014 interview:

People can’t clap anymore, because they’ve got a drymounting texting thing in their drymounting hand, and probably a drink, too! … Some musicians don’t care about this stuff, but I let the crowd tell me what to do. There’s no setlist. I’m not just saying the same things I said in Cleveland last night. If they can’t give me that energy back? Maybe I’m wasting my time.

White is offering an alternative to being on social media during the show by providing pictures of the concerts taken by his staff photographers free of charge to anyone who wants to post them online. Although this action may seem extreme to some people, it comes as no surprise given White’s reputation of stripping everything down to the bare essentials.

Yondr pouches (the company behind the device locking bags) began as a startup in 2016 and have been recently used by many musicians including Alicia Keys, Guns N Roses and The Lumineers as well as comics such as Chris Rock, Louie CK and Dave Chappelle. Whether or not these new pouches will help change public perception on concert etiquette, they will for sure make it easier for your friends to lie about being at the Jack White show.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby stuckeyc on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:55 pm

awesome! although i don't know if it will work for an outdoir show like ommegang
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Postby earlgreytoast on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:06 pm

anonymouse wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Just got to Prudential Center for Lana Del Rey! My queen. :heart: :heart:

Saw her at Outside Lands in 2016 - not the world's biggest LDR fan but she was up against Lionel Richie so it was an easy call :D For one of her last songs she let the band jam while she walked the length of the rail and let literally every fan that wanted to take a selfie, hug her etc. do so. I've never seen anything like it.

Funny, at the end of the show she did exactly that. Band jammed and she walked up and down the GA front row. Then she was like “Look for me, I’ll be walking the streets” and sure enough, half hour later she was hanging out in downtown Newark in single degree weather taking selfies and hugging folks. Great show, she just seemed so happy to be performing all night. Drone pop FTW.

Got Jack White tix today, hitting JRAD and Byrne X 2 in March and still some moving parts but looks like I’m in for Phish Tahoe > Gorge and Elevenses. Whoop!
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby PLUSH on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Just got my tixs to Jack White.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Postby jamel-d on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:40 pm

Nathaniel Rateliff Forest Hills, June 9
jamel-d
Art Expert

THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17 Image

Postby jlabbate on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:21 am

scored pre-sale tix for Elton Jon's farewell tour in Brooklyn in March 2019! :shock:
I think 14 months out is the earliest I have bought concert tix for
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby artberry on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Maybe I'm just a poor but $112 for the big ass pit at Austin 360 for Jack White just seems excessive. I'm counting on a lower price on the secondary market the week of. We shall see.
artberry
Art Connoisseur

Postby dryerase on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Fever Ray at the Hollywood Palladium May 25th
dryerase
Art Connoisseur

Postby iwokeinrelief on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:43 pm

dryerase wrote:Fever Ray at the Hollywood Palladium May 25th

Wish she would hit TX :(
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby misterx on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:00 am

Foo Fighters last night in Brisbane.

Dave Grohl has a great scream.
misterx
Art Expert

"CNN are doing spot on and accurate reporting..." Gorkie!!

PreviousNext

Return to Music