RECORD STORE DAY 2017

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby rickker on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:38 am

jamel-d wrote:Anyone with an extra PJ RSD State/Breath they wanna sell, I'm in need of one. Thanks.

I see Bullmoose will be dropping a few copies @ 10AM EST.
rickker
Art Connoisseur

Image Image ImageImage
kill 'em with kindness.

Postby rubberneck on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:54 am

rubberneck
Art God

Postby applehead on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:27 pm

Comparing the checkout line at Twist n Shout in Denver to 3-4 years ago, and as far back as 2011, this years was the shortest and easiest, and I'm very grateful for that. I walked over to Twist n Shout 30 minutes before the doors opened and saw that the line wrapped around the block. It was raining, so I skipped it and went to breakfast. Went back after 9 am and there was no line to enter, and a relatively shorter but still meandering checkout line. I found a few of the items I wanted but they were out of the GD and Live Bowie releases which were my #1 and #2 ISOs for the day. So I found both Cure 2x picture discs, War on Drugs, Jimmy Page w/ Black Crowes, Pearl Jam, and URoy, and was about to get in line to checkout.

Before that I stopped and talked with Paul and thanked him for the free pair of 9th row Tom Petty tickets and noticed that he was putting back selections that people either decided not to buy on their wait to check out or didn't have the funds for at checkout. The stack that he held included both the Live Bowie and Grateful Dead releases, which I was super stoked to have scored almost 2 hours after the doors opened. I was ecstatic!! I put pretty much everything else back except these 2, the Pearl Jam release, War on Drugs, and a non-RSD release of David Bowies last EP, No Plan (on colored vinyl and numbered in the 200's). Totally killed it and didn't deal with a single line. F yeah!!

I rode that high right on down to Angelo's CDs/records on S Broadway and found they had 2 GD copies, Sublimes Badfish release, and the BOWPROMO. 4 hours into RSD and 2 GD 2xLPs still available? I had a few friends asking if I had known anywhere that had it, and heard a horror story from Boulder, so I held onto those copies until some other friends who missed out showed up to claim them. Felt good to get what I was after and be able to help two local friends. It was 2-3 years since I last did RSD. I got tired of it all. I have a renewed energy for it again and will be looking forward to it again next year. Also, great move by Phish to avoid using RSD to sell their wares. I think that kept the madness to a minimum here in Phish country. Jah I love Denver and music, woooohooo!!!

Now, whose got my Beatles 7"? cash or trade here. hit me up
applehead
Art Expert

Postby ldiddy on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Got an extra Ben Folds and U2 if anyone is interested!
ldiddy
Art Expert

Postby ldiddy on Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 am

Looks like I'm still sitting on these two. Will package the paid for a print or will entertain virtually any trade offers - both are sealed.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/238732

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/238803
ldiddy
Art Expert

Postby ldiddy on Tue May 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Both those are now traded. I actually have one additional Ben Folds that I forgot about as I was packing these up. The extra Ben Folds is up for trade.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Music