A Perfect Circle announces North American Tour

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby canuck on Mon May 07, 2018 3:30 am

Listening to the album a 2nd time I am starting to actually dig it.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby mfaith on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:29 pm

canuck wrote:Listening to the album a 2nd time I am starting to actually dig it.

Dude! I know exactly what you mean. I finally cracked open the vinyl yesterday, and gave it a listen. And then played on repeat the rest of the day. I felt completely differently about it at various times throughout the day haha. At first, I wasn't too sure what to think. "The Doomed" is obviously a standout, and I knew I liked that going in. But I didn't really know how to feel about the rest. After repeated listenings, it really started to gel, and I'm super into it now! There's a definite arc to it, which I appreciate. Top tracks so far, for me, are "The Doomed", "Hourglass", "DLB" (which is split between side c and d), and "Get the Lead Out" (which ends on a locked groove, looping "get the l-"). Wondering what others, who've given it a few listens, think about it.
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby HairyHood on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:28 am

HairyHood
Art Connoisseur

Postby brewdog123 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:00 am

that is baseless garbage. not even worth the click
brewdog123
Art Connoisseur

Postby ChrisV on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:06 am

brewdog123 wrote:that is baseless garbage. not even worth the click

Another person came out with a similar allegation. And Reddit full of some scummy stories. Let's not call it balls garbage just yet. You really can't dismiss a possible victim that easily.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Postby brewdog123 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:52 am

ChrisV wrote:
brewdog123 wrote:that is baseless garbage. not even worth the click

Another person came out with a similar allegation. And Reddit full of some scummy stories. Let's not call it balls garbage just yet. You really can't dismiss a possible victim that easily.

i would never completely dismiss a rape victim, ever. however, this metoo movement has produced some bad apples that have spoiled their original ideals/goals (which are needed in today's age). this to me seems like the rest, rockstar, in the press with a new apc album, has a hugely globally anticipated tool album on the horizon, and the person come out like 16-18 years later, anonymously. lets make some money, the 2018 way
brewdog123
Art Connoisseur

Postby Codeblue on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Seriously. Dat BS with DMB is pretty lulsy. Dat duke accusing teh violinist of "grooming him" sounds like a scorned sugar baby. 9 mil? Luls.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby fredo on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:42 am

fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby DickButt on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:54 pm

fredo wrote:https://www.theprp.com/2018/06/29/news/suspicious-findings-suggest-anonymous-maynard-james-keenan-trent-reznor-rape-allegations-may-be-a-hoax/

That's some strong circumstantial evidence against the accusers right there.
DickButt
Art Expert

Postby fredo on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Pretty thin on the other side as well. Sounds like homie had...ugly issues around women. Anonymous twitclaims becoming headline news without vetting, though is bad for everyone.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby DickButt on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:18 pm

fredo wrote:Pretty thin on the other side as well. Sounds like homie had...ugly issues around women. Anonymous twitclaims becoming headline news without vetting, though is bad for everyone.

Totally agree. He's probably not the best person in the world and has done some questionable stuff, but the media's burn the witch mentality is going to backfire soon.
DickButt
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:39 pm

DickButt wrote:
fredo wrote:Pretty thin on the other side as well. Sounds like homie had...ugly issues around women. Anonymous twitclaims becoming headline news without vetting, though is bad for everyone.

Totally agree. He's probably not the best person in the world and has done some questionable stuff, but the media's burn the witch mentality is going to backfire soon.

Not only the media, but any business associated with the accused. There has to be a middle ground between automatically demonizing a person and letting them get away with the fudge Weinstein (allegedly) did.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Previous

Return to Music