Metallica

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby qtully on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Of course, the main poster was a turd from Ames Bros ...and the VIP print was a decent Emek. Neither of them did much for me.

The show was drymounting amazing, though. Loudest thing I've ever heard in my entire life ...and yet the sound still came through pretty damn clear.
qtully
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 980
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:00 am

Postby rmoore on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Just wanted to give a huge drymounting thank you to Tim Doyle who sent all the participating artists a complete collection (minus the Blunt Graffix) of all the VIP posters from the tour! Tim's is the last one for Wednesday; didn't want to spoil it. :pint:



Image
User avatar
rmoore
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6556
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Postby maskedrolla on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:55 pm

I found something weird.

I bought the Metallica print at the Vancouver show on Monday.

It is an Ames Bros print, looks like this:

Image

They sold some artist versions on the Ames Bros site, which included a couple variants but now the URLs are all 404'd.

https://amesbrosshop.com/collections/me ... tion-of-70
https://amesbrosshop.com/collections/me ... tion-of-70

Also, the print is not included in their "Metallica Posters" collection at this link - https://amesbrosshop.com/collections/metallica-posters

I thought that was weird. So, I did a little digging and found this post from RigsOfDoom accusing Ames Bros of stealing the idea for the image. Instagram link - https://www.instagram.com/p/BXzjE2lFbB4/

Image

So, it seems like maybe they took down the sales of the print from their site and all their socials maybe to do with a cease and desist or something similar.

Dang, the only reason i was poking around was to get a nice image so I could add the art to ExpressoBeans.
User avatar
maskedrolla
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:00 pm
"The Story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again"
    James Marshall Hendrix

Postby alexfugazi on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:13 pm

NAKATOMI x METALLICA! The final print for the North American tour- (by me!) available TONIGHT at midnight central time! Check it out!
http://www.nakatomiinc.com/2017/08/16/nakatomi-x-metallica-edmonton-print-by-doyle/

Regular-

Image


Foil-

Image
alexfugazi
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1539
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 am

Postby fredo on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:48 pm

maskedrolla wrote: I did a little digging and found this post from RigsOfDoom accusing Ames Bros of stealing the idea for the image. Instagram link - https://www.instagram.com/p/BXzjE2lFbB4/

Image

So, it seems like maybe they took down the sales of the print from their site and all their socials maybe to do with a cease and desist or something similar.

Dang, the only reason i was poking around was to get a nice image so I could add the art to ExpressoBeans.


EB is like a box of chocolates that someone stole, put in a new box and sold to you.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 24655
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby maskedrolla on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:54 am

fredo wrote:
maskedrolla wrote: I did a little digging and found this post from RigsOfDoom accusing Ames Bros of stealing the idea for the image. Instagram link - https://www.instagram.com/p/BXzjE2lFbB4/

Image

So, it seems like maybe they took down the sales of the print from their site and all their socials maybe to do with a cease and desist or something similar.

Dang, the only reason i was poking around was to get a nice image so I could add the art to ExpressoBeans.


EB is like a box of chocolates that someone stole, put in a new box and sold to you.


"Borrowing" ideas is always going on.

I was more interested in why they took down the post and if they are cancelling the variants sales that already sold.
User avatar
maskedrolla
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:00 pm
"The Story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again"
    James Marshall Hendrix

Postby rka00 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Cliff.jpeg
Cliff.jpeg (184.68 KiB) Viewed 1125 times

From the Metallica Club:
Hats off to the Bay Area citizens who spearheaded the effort to make February 10th “Cliff Burton Day” in Castro Valley. The resolution is currently on its way to the Alameda County Board of Supervisors for approval (we vote yes!). We’d like to send our appreciation and respect to all of you who continue to honor Cliff in your own personal ways. We love that he remains so revered.

Castro Valley Metallica fans propose day to honor late bassist, http://abc7news.com/entertainment/castr ... t/2979327/
rka00
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1387
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 am

Postby HopeThatUChoke on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:40 pm

That’s awesome. WTG California. :clap:
HopeThatUChoke
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:00 am
Location: Philly,Pa

Postby novascotiapower on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Bunch more North American tour dates posted today! If anyone needs a presale code, DM me, I don't need it this time around!
User avatar
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby DMBfan on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:05 pm

crazy they're selling these a year in advance...i'm trying to budget for this summers concerts...

but i'd do it again...the huge screens and effects at Gillette Stadium were downright amazing...great show
User avatar
DMBfan
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1923
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:00 am

Postby pvecchi on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:50 pm

novascotiapower wrote:Bunch more North American tour dates posted today! If anyone needs a presale code, DM me, I don't need it this time around!


PM Sent...THANK YOU
pvecchi
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1629
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Postby artberry on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:54 pm

DMBfan wrote:crazy they're selling these a year in advance...i'm trying to budget for this summers concerts...

but i'd do it again...the huge screens and effects at Gillette Stadium were downright amazing...great show

Yeah I'm curious what kind of screens they'll have for this one...appears to be all arenas and they will be "in the round" which I don't typically enjoy that much. Its Metallica so I'm sure they'll get it together and put on a great show.
User avatar
artberry
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Postby edgar on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:39 pm

If anyone else had a code they aren’t using, please hit me up.
User avatar
edgar
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4328
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:00 am
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!

Previous

Return to Music



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests