Metallica

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby zeuscarver on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:28 pm

They playing a one off show at the fox in oakland.. gonna be a hard ticket to get but damn should be pretty cool
zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Postby fredo on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:57 pm

Maybe Hunter gets the GP again.
fredo
Art God

gone moosin'

Postby brewdog123 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:05 pm

ThierryHenry wrote:
brewdog123 wrote:The reports of Hammet having no part in the new album is a little disheartening

Production wise? I've heard he plays some great stuff on this one, especially Spit out the bone.

Production and writing wise

http://loudwire.com/metallica-kirk-hamm ... -sessions/
brewdog123
Art Connoisseur

Postby jlabbate on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:08 pm

ThierryHenry wrote: A few good songs on Death Magnetic. The first 5 are fantastic.

yup...Metallica is one of those bands that I know will never be amazing again, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pass on a new album by them whenever one is released
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby fredo on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:10 pm

Was Hammett ever much of a writer/producer? I always heard it was a Hetfield/Ulrich show....at least up through Justice.
fredo
Art God

gone moosin'

Postby brewdog123 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:44 pm

fredo wrote:Was Hammett ever much of a writer/producer? I always heard it was a Hetfield/Ulrich show....at least up through Justice.

Pretty certain he had writing credits on every metallica album except this one
brewdog123
Art Connoisseur

Postby rka00 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:28 pm

spunkmonkey wrote:Metallica died with Cliff.

I agree to some degree, he represented the band in a huge way, the chemistry was amazing! I can still picture his hair flying all over as he swung his head around and around...Whiplash!! Ride the Lightning tour was awesome :rock: !!

zeuscarver wrote:They playing a one off show at the fox in oakland.. gonna be a hard ticket to get but damn should be pretty cool

Join the Metallica Club and you can "enter to win the opportunity to purchase up to 2 tickets." I think the drawing is tomorrow so join now.
I hope to go, don't want to miss out seeing them at a smaller venue. Goes to a good cause, too, the Alameda County Community Food Bank.
rka00
Art Expert

Postby rmoore on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:39 am

It's all pretty decent and I appreciate that they still put out new material, but Spit Out the Bone is really the only track that even comes close to harkening back to their days of greatness.
rmoore
Art Expert

Postby ThierryHenry on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:26 am

Listened to ...And Justice for All today. God damn, it's still got it.
Only issue with that record is the production but the songs are great.

:notworthy:
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Postby pvecchi on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:04 pm

ThierryHenry wrote:Listened to ...And Justice for All today. God damn, it's still got it.

I wish they would revisit that album. I bet it would sound amazing with some decent production

Saw the Justice Tour and the Deth Magnetic one and loved them both...deth magnetic is a decent album imo

Looking forward to some new Metallica! Listened to their USBank show a few months back and still think they sound pretty good live....would love to see another show sometime
pvecchi
Art Expert

Postby pjsteelerfan on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Hoping for some US dates. Feels like they have not toured stateside in forever.
pjsteelerfan
Art Connoisseur

Postby xangelx on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:19 pm

fredo wrote:
HopeThatUChoke wrote:
xangelx wrote:
ThierryHenry wrote:Anyone listen to Hardwired... To self- destruct yet? I've only heard the 3 songs released on Spotify and they're pretty good.

I'm hearing the album has a Load/ Reload vibe & the last track Spit out the bone (thrash) is nearly as good as anything they have released :shock:

I remember being 18, attending the Black Album listening party at MSG. Thinking WTF is this garbage when "Nothing Else Matters" came on. Band broke my heart that day. Haven't looked back since and still they think they suck.

Wow. One one song was all it took to overshadow the rest of the top selling album of the past 25 years and all subsequent work?

That doesn't sound like what he said.

Correct, that is not what I said. First 4 albums are brilliant. But the Black album is where it all fell apart as far as I'm concerned, just terrible radio rock and if I never hear Enter Sandman again I'd be grateful. Never liked anything from the Load/Reload era, just seemed like more of the Black album to me. St Anger is just horrible and a poor attempt to recapture some thrash roots. Death Magnetic had some ok songs but overall at this point I feel that Metallica has made more bad music than good.

I'd prefer a reissue of Justice with bass than anything new.
xangelx
Art Expert

"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby rmoore on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:18 pm

pvecchi wrote:
ThierryHenry wrote:Listened to ...And Justice for All today. God damn, it's still got it.

I wish they would revisit that album. I bet it would sound amazing with some decent production

If you can track down "And Justice For Jason", give it a listen (or just PM me and I can send you a dropbox link). It actually features a bass track and it's a much better experience.

It's been a while so I can't remember if it was a fan made creation where they played the bass line and mixed it back in or somebody got ahold of the originals and turned the bass up, but it sounds so much better.
rmoore
Art Expert

Postby jlabbate on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:28 pm

jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby brewdog123 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:29 pm

metallica dropped many spots for me when they ousted Newsted. They did him so wrong and it turned me off.
brewdog123
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Music