Metallica

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby ThierryHenry on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Anyone listen to Hardwired... To self- destruct yet? I've only heard the 3 songs released on Spotify and they're pretty good.

I'm hearing the album has a Load/ Reload vibe & the last track Spit out the bone (thrash) is nearly as good as anything they have released :shock:
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Postby xangelx on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:39 pm

ThierryHenry wrote:Anyone listen to Hardwired... To self- destruct yet? I've only heard the 3 songs released on Spotify and they're pretty good.

I'm hearing the album has a Load/ Reload vibe & the last track Spit out the bone (thrash) is nearly as good as anything they have released :shock:

I remember being 18, attending the Black Album listening party at MSG. Thinking WTF is this garbage when "Nothing Else Matters" came on. Band broke my heart that day. Haven't looked back since and still they think they suck.
xangelx
Art Expert

"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby ThierryHenry on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Furry muff :lol:
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Postby spunkmonkey on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Metallica died with Cliff.
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Postby brewdog123 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:14 pm

The reports of Hammet having no part in the new album is a little disheartening
brewdog123
Art Connoisseur

Postby fredo on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:21 pm

spunkmonkey wrote:Metallica died with Cliff.

Inaccurate! Bob Rock killed 'em. Justice was a drymounting masterpiece.

I saw the Black album/some kinda monster tour and they were still pretty great despite the new fudge. Still pissed at myself for not seeing the Justice tour- the live vid from '89 which came in one of their boxed sets is amazing.

ps I've only heard the one song they posted on their site. Eh...
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby ThierryHenry on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:32 pm

brewdog123 wrote:The reports of Hammet having no part in the new album is a little disheartening

Production wise? I've heard he plays some great stuff on this one, especially Spit out the bone.
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Postby HopeThatUChoke on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:34 pm

xangelx wrote:
ThierryHenry wrote:Anyone listen to Hardwired... To self- destruct yet? I've only heard the 3 songs released on Spotify and they're pretty good.

I remember being 18, attending the Black Album listening party at MSG. Thinking WTF is this garbage when "Nothing Else Matters" came on. Band broke my heart that day. Haven't looked back since and still they think they suck.

Wow. One one song was all it took to overshadow the rest of the top selling album of the past 25 years and all subsequent work?
HopeThatUChoke
Art Connoisseur

Postby HopeThatUChoke on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:34 pm

I may or may not have the full album available to the first person to PM me......if you want to cheat.
HopeThatUChoke
Art Connoisseur

Postby fredo on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:40 pm

HopeThatUChoke wrote:
xangelx wrote:

Wow. One one song was all it took to overshadow the rest of the top selling album of the past 25 years and all subsequent work?

That doesn't sound like what he said.
fredo
Art God

it is imperative to expedite matters to my satisfaction

Postby chalkdust on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:43 pm

chalkdust
Art Expert

Postby bulkhead72 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:45 pm

:lol: HERMES, has taken my sight, taken my arms, taken my wallet...

The first 4 albums are masterpieces. I can't fault them for evolving, however - all artists needs to evolve. It would be disingenuous for them to try and repeat or recapture the sound/attitude of the first few albums.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Check out my auctions.

Postby earlgreytoast on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 pm

16 year old me at the Orange County Speedway in 1989 on the And Justice For All tour remains to this day a top 5 concert experience. It was the perfect combination of me having just gotten into them 6 months before, playing the new album to death, then seeing it live, on mescaline, and moshing for the first time. Pure teenage angst bliss. :twisted:

And that was the last decent album they put out.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.

http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby ThierryHenry on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:47 pm

I'm pretending St Anger never happened. Going into this new album with an open mind.
People should try that.
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Postby ThierryHenry on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Load was the last album I really liked. A few good songs on Death Magnetic.
The first 6 are fantastic.
Last edited by ThierryHenry on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Next

Return to Music